Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

16 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

Jake hastie been chipped out on loan next season by the looks of things. Also noticed a Sunderland page saying they are interested in cedric kipre, not sure if that is a step back?

Can find anything on it, where is he off too?

10 hours ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

No shock re Hastie was always going to happen. 

Kipre I am surprised at. He was an ever present for Wigan until the end of the season. Plus there fans where fond of him. 

In terms of level it’s a step back obviously in leagues but in size of club it certainly isn’t. Sunderland will have to spend a bit of cash to get him, some of which would come our way. 

Is this move still being mooted as a possibility? The links I see (and I've not searched that hard) mention it as a possible move if Sunderland got promoted,  which they didn't. 

• Like 1

How will Hastie stop Celtic from winning the league next season when hes playing for Partick then ?  Maybe all that money hes getting will soften the blow for being sixth choice at Ibrox. 

On 6/11/2019 at 2:18 PM, stv said:

How will Hastie stop Celtic from winning the league next season when hes playing for Partick then ?  Maybe all that money hes getting will soften the blow for being sixth choice at Ibrox. 

He will be loaned out every season till his contract ends, he will be lucky if he ever gets a game for the 1st team at Ibrox, but  I daresay he was warned about that before he signed.

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

He will be loaned out every season till his contract ends, he will be lucky if he ever gets a game for the 1st team at Ibrox, but  I daresay he was warned about that before he signed.

He'll be 24 years old by the time his contract expires with Rangers, and he'll likely have no trouble finding a lower Premier or upper Championship club in Scotland afterwards. 

He'll also have pocketed a decent wedge in the process.

1 hour ago, David said:

He'll be 24 years old by the time his contract expires with Rangers, and he'll likely have no trouble finding a lower Premier or upper Championship club in Scotland afterwards. 

He'll also have pocketed a decent wedge in the process.

Just after he signed, I saw a Rangers fan predict he'd be loaned out for 18 months  before being punted to a League One side. (Not because he was useless - just because that is typically the way Rangers treat the youngsters they sign).

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

Just after he signed, I saw a Rangers fan predict he'd be loaned out for 18 months  before being punted to a League One side. (Not because he was useless - just because that is typically the way Rangers treat the youngsters they sign).

If he'd stayed with us the best he could probably have hoped for was a League One side eventually, so it'll all work out in the end I guess.

I think most people had some reservations about Hastie being the real deal whereas we have no doubts about Turnbull so maybe the right choice for Hastie. However, having said that I think with the right coaching and the right attitude he could do very very well.  I hope he does but taking into account the decision he took he may have too many self doubts. 

10 hours ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Im talking about last season when we signed him.

It would have been insanity to offer Gorrin a two year deal last season when he first joined us. He was coming to us after playing 12 games for a Romanian Premier League side.

22 hours ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Im talking about last season when we signed him.

11 hours ago, David said:

It would have been insanity to offer Gorrin a two year deal last season when he first joined us. He was coming to us after playing 12 games for a Romanian Premier League side.

was it not insanity to sign him on a one year deal, Given that he was identified as good enough for us?

whats the business model behind that?

On 6/20/2019 at 10:11 PM, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Gorrin confirmed by Oxford tonight. 

2yr deal with the option for a 3rd. Exactly what we should have given him in my opinion. 

He was completely hopeless for the first half of the season.  He looked out his depth against Sligo.

He obviously came onto a game but we have had a few players over the years who do that when they are in the final six months of a deal. 

11 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He was completely hopeless for the first half of the season.  He looked out his depth against Sligo.

He obviously came onto a game but we have had a few players over the years who do that when they are in the final six months of a deal. 

For his first 6 months he was out injured with niggly injuries and I’m also sure he broke his wrist. Always thought he was a good player and deserved his opportunity.