Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

30 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Was he they guy that stopped the ball going behind for a goal kick that cost us a goal and a few points? Can’t remember the game or circumstances just a guy doing something an under 10 would know better not to do. 

Yup that was him. There was about 10 mins to go when he did it and Ross County beat us 1-0. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2019 at 7:56 PM, Andy_P said:

That was kind of my point with the Reynolds comparison. By comparison to the dead rubber Reynolds debuted in the one senior game Jules had the experience of playing against an English Championship side  in the FA Cup. It was live on TV. He had already been capped several times for Scotland U21's. He already had a contract with an English Championship side.  It was not as if he had come to Motherwell having never seen a football in his life before.

Fooled me, like.

• Like 1

Interestingly enough Ray McKinnon was saying he came close to getting Sammon in January. I wonder if we had missed out on any potential targets at that point which in-turn scuppered his move to Falkirk.

19 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Well we don’t, get behind the new current strikers who may be the next Moult instead of constantly being negative.

Oooh did I rattle the cage too hard there, please enlighten me as to which part of wanting moult back is negative, :doh:

16 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Oooh did I rattle the cage too hard there, please enlighten me as to which part of wanting moult back is negative, :doh:

Constantly being negative and not necessarily giving any of the new signings a chance and would rather reminisce over a former player - who was excellent and I liked.

45 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Constantly being negative and not necessarily giving any of the new signings a chance and would rather reminisce over a former player - who was excellent and I liked.

Not made a comment of any kind re this year's signings, will reserve judgement till I see them play, and as for you  being upset at me for wanting moult back, whatever... will leave it at that and you can carry on being a sensitive soul

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Louis Moult scoring for PNE this afternoon, wish we had him back.

22 hours ago, supermarv said:

Well we don’t, get behind the new current strikers who may be the next Moult instead of constantly being negative.

Another classic Steelmen Online case of the only negative person being the person complaining about negativity 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, daver said:

He was their first choice keeper was he not? That's a big drop down from Championship to non-league. Makes you wonder about his ambition (similar to those that dropped down to Rangers) and the money they're paying. 

I assume he's on better wages but he might be fed up traveling to Dumfries , not sure where he lives but possibly  a club nearer home and more cash, what's not to like 

That's what tempted Darren O'Dea to carry on playing  with EK, a good earner, 5 mins drive from home.

I get that to an extent but I think they train at Strathclyde Park and only go to Dumfries for games. Still think it shows a lack of ambition unless he accepts his career isn't particularly going anywhere. 

I can understand O'Dea more as he's prolonging a career before retirement. 

On 7/6/2019 at 5:28 PM, supermarv said:

The same kind of comment irritates me also. Louis coming back to us would be a result of his failure to make it at a higher level which I wouldn't wish on the player. He was magnificent for us as was Kipre , but some people need to move on.