Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

17 hours ago, daver said:

He was their first choice keeper was he not? That's a big drop down from Championship to non-league. Makes you wonder about his ambition (similar to those that dropped down to Rangers) and the money they're paying. 

QOTS are getting Robbie McCrorie on loan from Rangers.

He had a brilliant game when he played for Berwick at Fir Park a couple of years ago and he looks like he could get to the level of Gordon and McGregor.

6 hours ago, wellup83 said:

The same kind of comment irritates me also. Louis coming back to us would be a result of his failure to make it at a higher level which I wouldn't wish on the player. He was magnificent for us as was Kipre , but some people need to move on.

:doh:  discussing former players on the former players thread, I obviously need to have a word with myself and not be so controversial...so moving on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just find the "Just want Louis back" "Bring Cedric home" posts on here, FB and Twitter cringeworthy and embarrassing. It's like people wishing the players to fail. Like it or not, coming back here for either would be a step down now. Get over it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wellup83 said:

I just find the "Just want Louis back" "Bring Cedric home" posts on here, FB and Twitter cringeworthy and embarrassing. It's like people wishing the players to fail. Like it or not, coming back here for either would be a step down now. Get over it!

I agree.

However, we want Willie Pettigrew back!

• Like 1

Anybody know if we have agreed a fee with a Rangers re Hastie? I see he is listed in their Europa squad and in Gibraltar, but not playing or on bench. Registration in course maybe? Either after agreement or Tribunal bound. The cash might be helpful this window.

8 minutes ago, dennyc said:

Anybody know if we have agreed a fee with a Rangers re Hastie? I see he is listed in their Europa squad and in Gibraltar, but not playing or on bench. Registration in course maybe? Either after agreement or Tribunal bound. The cash might be helpful this window.

Not sure if it's been paid yet, but the FIFA rules say payment must be made within 30 days of the player being registered by his new club.

49 minutes ago, dennyc said:

Have you heard if he has been registered? Taken to Gibraltar and played in most pre season  games so far. But not on Bench even with Candelas left at home. Not registered so cannot play?

If he wasn't registered I would have thought he would have to be listed as trialist in the pre-season, but maybe that's different for pre-contracted players. 

But no, I haven't heard anything about the situation recently. 

2 hours ago, dennyc said:

Have you heard if he has been registered? Taken to Gibraltar and played in most pre season  games so far. But not on Bench even with Candelas left at home. Not registered so cannot play?

If he's not registered he wouldn't be listed?

with all the crap thats been  aired over his move I was surprised  he was travelling for the Euro game,

it seemed to be pretty well reported he was going out on loan,  for development. Lad would be delighted to travel so will be dissapointed not to appear.

it was then pointed out that Rangers only listed 22 from a 25 person squad allowance

and that they struggled with the 8 locally trained 'Homegrown' player limits

4 from within club and 4  by another club in the same national association, trained for at least three years between the age of 15 and 21 .

perhaps a rule that should help enhance a young players worth when transferring  out and 'up' our League

19 hours ago, weeyin said:

If he wasn't registered I would have thought he would have to be listed as trialist in the pre-season, but maybe that's different for pre-contracted players. 

But no, I haven't heard anything about the situation recently. 

Hastie has been registered. The game now is we ask Rangers for compensation, Rangers come back a month later and give us a shit offer. We reject it and then go to a tribunal.

Last season it took until mid August for Hamilton and Aberdeen to get a decision on Lewis Ferguson.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/aberdeen-reveal-delight-lewis-ferguson-13109206

1 hour ago, supermarv said:

I’d say we’re due about 300-400k for hastie that’s a reasonable amount to pay.

Let’s be honest, you’d bite their hand off for that in normal circumstances. Probably put him in our top ten transfer fees received and he had 5 good games.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Cadds signing for Columbus Crew but going to Oxford on loan.

Frear also on trial at Oxford.

Columbus currently the second worst team in the MLS.

I guess Cadden is going out on loan due to salary caps or something,  ready for playing next season. Columbus have 14 games left to play in this season. More, in the unlikely event they make the play-offs.

1 hour ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Cadds signing for Columbus Crew but going to Oxford on loan.

Frear also on trial at Oxford.

Wish Oxford would fuck off, tbh.