Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

32 minutes ago, steelboy said:

If Thomas screws the nut he should be able to make a career at Premiership/Championship level.

I think that's what every coach and manager has been telling him throughout his career. 

A classic example of how talent only takes you so far. You still need to apply yourself.  A young Brian Kerr.

If he does  finally wake up to the notion, he's certainly young enough to succeed.

On 7/10/2019 at 8:54 PM, stv said:

Im a posh cunt and im offended by that.

I’m offended that your offended by my offensive quote about offensive Tory posh cunts.

I threw in a political curve ball at the end there to make it a bit more offensive to the offended.

12 hours ago, steelboy said:

If Thomas screws the nut he should be able to make a career at Premiership/Championship level.

Agree. I thought there was a definitely a player in there and was a bit disappointed when he left that it wasn’t us that was able to draw it out of him. Feel some of the scapegoating he receives on here is unjustified. 

There have been a handful of truly great players who managed to be world class without necessarily working hard, or were afforded a more free role due to the work of world class players around them, I think he might think he’s one of them.

3 hours ago, Well-Made said:

Ben Hall on trial at Dundee Utd. 

Hall on trial at Utd

Another one to add to the list of left the club too early and didn't make the step up.

Flipside to that is you could look at it as the club making money from players who clubs are willing to take a punt on. Over the last few years we've made money on Hall, Johnson, Heneghan, Moult, Kipré, Hastie, McKinstry and probably assorted other small fees (did we not get a fee for Bowman?). 

Our tactic of trawling non-league and trialist may have its'  critics. But it's worked out not too badly for us financially...

16 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Not enough though Livi won after penalties

as discussion point only .. is it really a win? result is still a draw surely? , but bonus point is well... a bonus point,  but its still less than a win?

unless in Accies case, they defiintely lose  from the 90minute draw  :nod: