Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

On 7/26/2019 at 1:22 PM, sbcmfc said:

Think players have started leaving decent sized South American teams to go to the MLS. Whether this says more about the decline of South American football, I don’t know. Most of the best players are in Europe as teenagers now.

Its no longer just a retirement home for star players though.

Cadden isn’t going to play in La liga or Serie A. So MLS is a great opportunity. No language barrier, good lifestyle etc....

The packages being offered in the MLS, with clubs offering houses and schooling for player's children, along with the potential in endorsements from the likes of Nike, means the MLS is hoovering up talent in Mexico.

I think a lot of Central and South American players see the MLS as a shop window to Europe. Very few Europeans make the move there from a career progression point of view I’d suspect. That’s not to say the change in lifestyle/culture/pay is not reason enough to make the move..

1 minute ago, underboyleheating said:

Danny Johnston opens the scoring for Dundee. 

I think he's going to have a decent season in that league. He offers exactly what Dundee have been lacking the last season or two.

Just now, weeyin said:

I think he's going to have a decent season in that league. He offers exactly what Dundee have been lacking the last season or two.

He should have had two apparently. I agree I think he will flourish in that league an I would expect him to reach double figures by the end of the season. 

6 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

He should have had two apparently. I agree I think he will flourish in that league an I would expect him to reach double figures by the end of the season. 

Did we get a sell on clause added when he moved :D

17 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

He had a decent long range shot tipped over the bar. Then missed an absolute sitter from about 6 yards.

The goal he scored was well taken,  but keeper made a pigs ear of saving it and let it sneak in at his near post.

3 minutes ago, weeyin said:

He had a decent long range shot tipped over the bar. Then missed an absolute sitter from about 6 yards.

The goal he scored was well taken,  but keeper made a pigs ear of saving it and let it sneak in at his near post.

Consistency is what separates the top strikers from the average ones. I think the Championship will be good for him as he will get regular games and hopefully it will sharpen him up. Consequently, more of the ‘sitters’ will end up in the back of the net. 

26 minutes ago, Wellfan1984 said:

Nick Blackman scores for Maccabi Tel Aviv in their Champions League qualifier.  Currently trail 2-1 on the night and 3-1 on aggregate.

And keeping to the former players theme, he's playing against CFR Cluj - who crocked Brian McLean in the pre-season "friendly".

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I just wanted to say that the McGrillen family deserve the greatest respect for what they are doing to mark the tenth anniversary of the untimely and tragic passing of Paul. I can only wonder at the strength required to make such a video. Best wishes to them and hopefully it all helps just a little.

• Like 17

6 hours ago, The African said:

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I just wanted to say that the McGrillen family deserve the greatest respect for what they are doing to mark the tenth anniversary of the untimely and tragic passing of Paul. I can only wonder at the strength required to make such a video. Best wishes to them and hopefully it all helps just a little.

Yes

3 hours ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

No place on the bench for either Hastie or Main tonight. 

Infact Stevie May has actually got on the bench instead of Curtis..... oh dear. 

Hastie wasn’t named in the 20 odd man pool for this round

9 minutes ago, ropy said:

Hastie wasn’t named in the 20 odd man pool for this round

I'd be amazed if Hastie is anything but a bit-part player at this point in his Ibrox career. He'll be crossing his fingers the Kent deal is definitely off.

Rangers rarely play guys his age, so his expectation must be a loan or a spell in the development squad.