Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

On 8/5/2019 at 11:31 PM, joewarkfanclub said:

Id bite your hand off to get Louis on loan for the season but I cant see us being able to afford anywhere near what Preston would want.

Sending a player out on loan usually means you are not in the plans anymore and will be gone when your contract is up, so PNE might not be too difficult to deal with.  That said though would Moult want to come back, not sure, but I would be delighted if he did and SR could sort out a deal.

I reckon he would fit in the current team well, knows where the goals are, Scott would learn from him, and we would have somebody up top to take advantage of any balls in from the pace we have on both sides now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The EFL allows loans after the window closes apparently.

Outside the transfer window in England, once seven days have passed following the end of a transfer window, clubs from the English Football League (Regulation 53.3.4)and (provided the player is not registered with a club from any league below the National League division) National League division(Rule 6.6.4) can loan in players i) in the first half of the season, until 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in November and ii) in the second half of the season, until 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March. An existing loan deal can be made permanent at any time outside the transfer window.

It’s been reported from the most reliable ITK Charlton journalist that Moult is keen on a move to the valley but PNE are holding out until they get a replacement. 

My boy is wetting his drawers asking every 10 minutes “Has Louis signed yet.? Has Louis signed? Has Louis signed yet?” 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I see Rangers have signed a winger from Manchester City.

Hastie even further down the pecking order?

I know his bank balance will be healthier but I have no sympathy.  He could have stayed for say 2 years, get regular games and increase his value. But hey ho it's his right to do what he feels is best