Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

Used to have a soft spot for Boyd even when he was the Celtic captain but in recent years he has showed his true colours.

Boyd's comments are the type you would expect to hear from your average paranoid Celtic fan who believes the refs are all out to get them,  Without wanting to slate our 1991 Captain Boyd definetly is one of them.

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Boyd is a feckin obnoxious tosser, deserves all he gets...

I’ve never hated an ex player and a club captain so much than Tom Boyd. If I had my way he would never be allowed back into Fir Park ever again. That may sound harsh, but it’s how I feel.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Not wrong then!

Definitely not. I think when the commentary was audio only a few of the players felt a little more free to express opinions. Hartley in particular. 

Seem to be a little more subdued on the video streams. 

1 hour ago, underboyleheating said:

I’ve never hated an ex player and a club captain so much than Tom Boyd. If I had my way he would never be allowed back into Fir Park ever again. That may sound harsh, but it’s how I feel.

Yes, he seems to go out of his way to make negative comments about MFC and to play to the worst instincts of Sellick fans.

And I doubt he would have developed into the player he became if he hadn't played alongside David Cooper: he could bomb up the left wing and know that DC could almost always find him with a pass.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Not that I condone any sort of secterianism but goin by the stories you hear of the way Cooper spoke about Celtic it must have killed Boyd to listen to him.

I never heard that about Cooper - but even if it wasn't true, I'm sure guys like Tommy McLean, Tam Forsyth (and maybe Iain Ferguson and Craig Patterson) weren't shy about reminding him of their Old Firm credentials.

12 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Not that I condone any sort of secterianism but goin by the stories you hear of the way Cooper spoke about Celtic it must have killed Boyd to listen to him.

Got a copy of Terry Butcher's book years ago when he was our manager.  Sure he mentions in it something about wearing green one day and Davie Cooper threatening to rip it off him, something like that anyway.

Seem to remember around the time of its release a lot of their followers were calling Butcher for everything about something else he was meant to have said about Davie.

3 hours ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Got a copy of Terry Butcher's book years ago when he was our manager.  Sure he mentions in it something about wearing green one day and Davie Cooper threatening to rip it off him, something like that anyway.

Seem to remember around the time of its release a lot of their followers were calling Butcher for everything about something else he was meant to have said about Davie.

I think an element of the Rangers support have taken issue with Butcher as he said in his autobiography and has said in his interviews since that he is ashamed/embarrassed at getting sucked into the sectarianism when he was at Ibrox.

I’d applaud him for it.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, weeyin said:

I never heard that about Cooper - but even if it wasn't true, I'm sure guys like Tommy McLean, Tam Forsyth (and maybe Iain Ferguson and Craig Patterson) weren't shy about reminding him of their Old Firm credentials.

Although he played for Rangers, I thought Paterson was very much a Hibs man. Don't know about Ferguson but you're probably spot on with McLean and Forsyth although wee Tommy certainly had no problem buying and playing Celtic-leaning players. 

Tonights game Morton v Partick Thistle on BBC,

Brian Mclean, Nicky Cadden , Boab McHugh starting with JohnSutton  likely to come on from the bench for Morton as they are two down at HT.

Steven Saunders absolutely bossing it for Thistle , with Shea Gordon on their bench.

1 hour ago, Brazilian said:

Brian Mclean, Nicky Cadden , Boab McHugh starting with JohnSutton  likely to come on from the bench for Morton as they are two down at HT.

Steven Saunders absolutely bossing it for Thistle , with Shea Gordon on their bench.

Cadden, Sutton and McLean scored as well

14 hours ago, Brazilian said:

Every one of these Friday night matches has been great.

Then you go to the Motherwell game on a Saturday....

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 12:52 AM, GazzyB said:

On the BBC website that Moult is out for the season :(

Gutted for Moulty, he has indeed done his cruciate,   it's all turned to shit since he left.  A brilliant guy and he had a chance to push on this season for a run in the team under that mutant Neil.  Maybe get to see him back in C& A one day...

• Like 1