Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:59 PM, GazzyB said:

I noticed Paul Lawson on the bench for Formartine today, didn't know he was still playing.

think he went up there a year or two ago, pretty sure at the time he said he was offered a career out his move too (I took that as something in the oil industry or something, dunno why)

On 8/26/2019 at 4:40 PM, Busta Nut said:

think he went up there a year or two ago, pretty sure at the time he said he was offered a career out his move too (I took that as something in the oil industry or something, dunno why)

Aye thats true. Apparently he's on a few quid there too! Player/Manager, got the Player gig along with a job when he first signed, think he took over as Player/Manager last summer

1 hour ago, AllyMax said:

Sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread, but did we ever hear anything of the outcome of the buns/hastie compensation issue ?

Nothing yet.

However, if we are trying to negotiate add-ons etc. that's to be expected. It seems like it took us a few months to get all the paperwork in place for McKinstry's move, and that was with both clubs fully on board with the deal.

If we were just going for the straightforward, standard comp I think it would have had to been sorted by now. 

46 minutes ago, TvTotherwell said:

Jake Hastie loaned to Rotherham Utd. 

When will young players realize that taking the "big money" isn't always the best thing for their career. 

Good luck to him. 

That's what the next few years will be for him, one loan after another until his contract expires he will never get near the Rangers team.

10 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I’ve got a small amount of sympathy for Hastie. The contract Rangers will have given him will have been a once in a lifetime opportunity. He would’ve been crazy not to take it!

Ther's no guarantee that it would've been once in a lifetime offer though. He may well have gone on to have a good enough season here that he could have been looking at a better move down South next season.

I would say he has now got his work cut out to make to the Rangers 1st team, with rumours of them signing Kent permanently. Murphy was a better player by the time he left us than Hastie in my opinion. and he's being shown the door. Whether that's down to deemed not good enough\fitness\recovery not went as well I obviously don't know.

Actually in all of this you have to ask why Rangers signed Hastie in the 1st place. 

Yes he hit a purple patch but was still firmly in the raw potential category. 

Still he will earn a few bob and there is an outside chance he may make it at Rangers in time but probably unlikely if they are going to start spending £7m on players once again. 

• Like 1