Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

1 hour ago, The African said:

Can you really blame a young man for taking an opportunity? Good luck to him in his career.

I'm not blaming him. It'd be weird if footballers cared enough about Motherwell to prioritise us over their career. If he thinks playing English Championship reserve football is better for him than Motherwell then he's absolutely right to do so. 

Turnbull knocking back Premiership teams in January because he wanted to stay here was a pretty one in a million thing.

5 hours ago, Yassin said:

I'm not blaming him. It'd be weird if footballers cared enough about Motherwell to prioritise us over their career. If he thinks playing English Championship reserve football is better for him than Motherwell then he's absolutely right to do so. 

Turnbull knocking back Premiership teams in January because he wanted to stay here was a pretty one in a million thing.

Neither opinion is wrong, they are both understandable. It is very understandable that a young player has an opportunity to move on and increase his earnings etc; it is also understandable that many fans believe he should have returned the resources and opportunities offered by Motherwell and stayed for a few years.

I will get down of the fence now as my arse is getting sore.

14 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Zero bids offered or accepted in that article. The closest being "English clubs were looking at me".

He was out of contract and free to talk to other clubs without bids being made. Other than that and not reading the headline or first paragraph you're spot on though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

Jamie Murphy came on as a sub today at Ibrox. I've got a feeling we'll see him back at Fir Park at some point over the next couple of years.

Morgyn Neill, David Ferguson and Connor Sammon all scored in League One yesterday.

Almost certainly... cutting in and putting it in to the bottom corner to get a winner for rangers unfortunately.

Be interesting to see what Murphys next move is.  I don't see him becoming a first choice for rangers anytime soon (especially not when Kent is fit), would love to see him back at Motherwell but I'd imagine magine he'll have lower end championship clubs willing to take him on.