Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

4 hours ago, steelboy said:

He's done his time in the Championship and it's a major slog down there with the 46 game league season and physical game. 

He still has connections at Fir Park to Lasley, Hammell and Burrows so I think there is a decent chance he will end up here.

Id have him back anytime.

If he feels he has made enough money and just wants get regular gametime, its possible. 

12 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Id have him back anytime.

If he feels he has made enough money and just wants get regular gametime, its possible. 

Only if he's fit enough to contribute. Don't want another Ross McCormack debacle.

• Like 1

I see the "he's not that type of player" brigade are out in full force for Christie after his red card yesterday. His Dad given air time on BBC Scotland tonight and plenty in the game pleading about how nice a lad he is. He's had to delete his twitter account because of the abuse he's been getting so there's been a plea from Jonathan Sutherland to lay off him. 

I'm certain the only one who publicly had Bowman's back was Steve Robinson. That's annoyed me tonight. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoF said:

I see the "he's not that type of player" brigade are out in full force for Christie after his red card yesterday. His Dad given air time on BBC Scotland tonight and plenty in the game pleading about how nice a lad he is. He's had to delete his twitter account because of the abuse he's been getting so there's been a plea from Jonathan Sutherland to lay off him. 

I'm certain the only one who publicly had Bowman's back was Steve Robinson. That's annoyed me tonight. 

Quite so: I'm afraid that even I noticed a long time ago that Christie had a nasty habit of leaving his leg in. He is skilful but has a dark side which has been obvious to those with eyes to see.

I also was disgusted when Saint Brendan branded Bowman a violent player after the LC SF in a game which had nothing to do with his team but allowed him to try to influence the referee for the final. Robinson rightly  defended his player then and James Scott too from the "hypocrites" (for the simple sin of naïve exuberance in that latter case, which also involved Christie).

12 hours ago, Happy Dosser said:

Robinson rightly  defended his player then and James Scott too from the "hypocrites" (for the simple sin of naïve exuberance in that latter case, which also involved Christie).

In that instance, Christie walked off the pitch injured but was then promptly sent back on to lie down to waste time as the sub wasn't ready to come on.  I've  never had the impression, maybe wrongly, that he's a dirty player but 4 red cards may suggest otherwise.  I do however recall that he has previous for diving and that annoyed me. 

4 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

In that instance, Christie walked off the pitch injured but was then promptly sent back on to lie down to waste time as the sub wasn't ready to come on.  I've  never had the impression, maybe wrongly, that he's a dirty player but 4 red cards may suggest otherwise.  I do however recall that he has previous for diving and that annoyed me. 

That was his 1st for Celtic, but the bar for getting sent off is a good bit higher if you’re wearing a Celtic shirt.

I suppose a lot of good players have a nasty streak.

5 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

That's pretty much how I remember the sequence of events at Celtic Park  too. Then cue the fake outrage when young Scott wouldn't play ball. Compare that with the simulation to get Kipre sent off twice and the last-minute penalty for the equaliser at FP in the league game and it was no wonder Robbo seethed at the hypocrites.

18 hours ago, steelboy said:

Celtic having a full scale PR operation supported by BBC isn't really a shock.

Christie put in a horrible tackle the night we knocked the Sheep out the League Cup at Fir Park. A definite red that the reffed bottled.

I've noticed this as well

Despite all this "not in his character" chat, he has previous, certainly against us, for a cynical challenge and a bit of a head's gone.

...That's before we get on to the diving.

Just now, Yorkyred said:

It’s a free transfer.

Is it Yorky? As far as I know, the clubs have to agree a compensation figure within a certain period (2-3 months??? I suspect it's expired)and if they can't it goes to a tribunal. If the Lewis Ferguson case is anything to go by its a very secretive process in line with the "undisclosed fee scenario.

9 minutes ago, Brazilian said:

I reckon they were referring to the Daily record article (link posted by Toxtexh above)  that reports it as a free transfer and is being discussed as , Rangers slanted....

Yep, I’m just being rather mischievous.

• Like 1