Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

3 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

And could he contribute while getting up to match fitness? 

I think the only contribution we would be making would be to Rangers' wage budget. A fit Murphy would be a genuine asset, but one that we would likely struggle to afford. An unfit Murphy would be a waste of our limited resources. I like Murphy. He was a event player for us and did well after he moved on. The facts remain that a loan or permanent move for him would be an expensive gamble with a limited chance of a decent return. I think it is a risk we currently should avoid.

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Having a gander through Twitter and noticed Devante Cole has removed/deleted all and every mention of Motherwell from his account. 

Not a great loss and clearly didn’t want to be here. 

"clearly didn’t want to be here. "

not sure where you get that from , looked like even on Saturday Sunday there was at least one last throw of the dice on his part to 'be here'

although I doubt Robinson would have been in a good place to deal with after the game

2 hours ago, Brazilian said:

"clearly didn’t want to be here. "

not sure where you get that from , looked like even on Saturday there was at least one last throw of the dice on his part to 'be here'

although I doubt Robinson would have been in a good place to deal with after the game

Suppose clearly wasn’t the right phrasing. In my opinion didn’t want to be here.  Didn’t seem the happiest and to remove any mention of us seems pretty poor. 

He didn’t feature at all on Sunday or was in the squad so not sure what the last throw of the dice is your referring too? 

7 minutes ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Suppose clearly wasn’t not the right phrasing. In my opinion didn’t want to be here.  Didn’t seem the happiest and to remove any mention of us seems pretty poor. 

He didn’t feature at all on Sunday or was in the squad so not sure what the last throw of the dice is your referring too? 

Sorry I meant Sunday , when he dutifully attended the match along with the rest of unused squad and was joined later in the second half by his 'representative' , 

speculation thereafter on my part.

I'd imagine soon after the game his short term Motherwell future would have been decided.

Always seemed to be up for it from my viewpoint, delivered as much or more than many, even permamant signings , so a successful loan player signing if his time is up

5 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Talking of Wigan I see the bold Sir Cedric Kipre bagged a goal in a 3-2 away win today.  Is that his 1st since he scored his only goal for us ? 

Ach he's shit! They should either release him or loan him to us for the next 2 seasons so we can develop him properly :lol:

16 minutes ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

We have been well and truly shafted on this scenario. 

I don't think we have been shafted, as such, we're just in the unfortunate position of being a test case that will take time to filter up the system to a final decision by FIFA arbitration.

The MLS chose to participate in the compensation fee system prior to Cadden being signed by Columbus, so they will owe us money. The point of contention is "how much".

I see Columbus finished 20th out of 24 teams this season, so he should feel quite at home there.

Of course, there is still the very good chance that this is all just posturing and he'll be playing at Oxford for the remainder of the season.

I did notice that the Oxford manager had a bit of a go at Cadden’s agent in the official statement. Surely that’s going to burn some bridges.

We did all we could to keep him; we made a good offer to buy him but it fell short of Columbus’s valuation of a million pounds. Personally, I think he has been badly advised to go and play in America at this stage of his career and his agent isn’t necessarily thinking of the player, but that is out of our hands and we move on

8 hours ago, scoojy said:

I did notice that the Oxford manager had a bit of a go at Cadden’s agent in the official statement. Surely that’s going to burn some bridges.

I wouldn't read too much into that.  Would Oxford have stumped up even £600K to us? No chance.