Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Nathan Thomas got an early goal for Carlisle in the FA cup v Cardiff this evening.

I vaguely remember his stint at fir park

Had 2 very short cameos for us from what I recall. Was only 20 when he signed with us and had very little match experience. Think the move to a club like us came at the wrong time for him as he went on to do pretty well for a couple seasons and even earned a move to Sheffield United but hasn’t worked out for him.

On 1/15/2020 at 8:34 PM, sbcmfc said:

Nathan Thomas got an early goal for Carlisle in the FA cup v Cardiff this evening.

I vaguely remember his stint at fir park

He didn’t play much, but I remember him falling flat on his face under no pressure at all while in possession of the ball right in front of the East Stand. Rightly or wrongly, that was enough to convince me he was pish.

• Like 1

Watching Sportscene last night, our former youth prospect Kieran McGachie was quite prominent in the Bonnyrigg highlights, wearing the number 9. 

Lee Erwin meanwhile fluffed a number of chances for Ross County at Somerset Park. However his general play was pretty decent, showing glimpses of his Motherwell form. I wonder if he’ll ever get another chance at Fir Park...

8 hours ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Watching Sportscene last night, our former youth prospect Kieran McGachie was quite prominent in the Bonnyrigg highlights, wearing the number 9. 

Lee Erwin meanwhile fluffed a number of chances for Ross County at Somerset Park. However his general play was pretty decent, showing glimpses of his Motherwell form. I wonder if he’ll ever get another chance at Fir Park...

Erwin needs Skippy moaning at him for 90 minutes to bring out his A game.

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

Erwin needs Skippy moaning at him for 90 minutes to bring out his A game.

Maybe Chris Long moaning at him for 90 mins could work! :lol:

Not sure what Erwins contract situation is, but if we are looking for someone to hold up the ball and link up play we could do a lot worse. 

2 hours ago, Frazzie said:

And a lot better.

On the money we pay? 

Most are a total punt from the english lower leagues. At least we have something to measure Erwin by.  For every Louis Moult there is Tony Straker!

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

On the money we pay? 

Most are a total punt from the english lower leagues. At least we have something to measure Erwin by.  For every Louis Moult there is Tony Straker!

Are you asking if I think we could get a better striker than Lee Erwin on the money we pay? Surely you can’t be, since we’ve already had loads of them...?

He’s by no means the worst we’ve had, but we should certainly be aiming for better.

2 hours ago, Frazzie said:

Are you asking if I think we could get a better striker than Lee Erwin on the money we pay? Surely you can’t be, since we’ve already had loads of them...?

He’s by no means the worst we’ve had, but we should certainly be aiming for better.

No Im not asking that. I know we have had loads better. But the majority of them are a punt and we have no idea they will be better until they arrive and we find out what they have to offer.  Merely proffering he opinion that he would be a useful foil for Long and as a known entity, less of a risk if thats the type of player we are looking for. Of course Long may not sign an extension and Robbo may have a long list of other striking options making the whole discussion a moot point.

On 1/15/2020 at 10:15 PM, supermarv said:

Had 2 very short cameos for us from what I recall. Was only 20 when he signed with us and had very little match experience. Think the move to a club like us came at the wrong time for him as he went on to do pretty well for a couple seasons and even earned a move to Sheffield United but hasn’t worked out for him.

He played once from the start and once from the bench.  We lost both matches to Ross County and Dundee.

25 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

He loved it up here, he wants to play up here again in his career.

Strange that we never got a clear explanation about why he didn't sign a new contract (as far as I'm aware). I've no doubt it was for valid personal / footballing reasons so I'm not being critical of the decision at all, it's just that anything that I've read from Tanner has been fairly vague.