Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

6 hours ago, weeyin said:

I wonder if Cadden is wishing he'd followed the more traditional transfer route and still be playing beside him instead of preparing for a winter in Ohio.

If his social media is anything to go by then he’s certainly not regretting anything. 

His guaranteed wage at Columbus Crew is only $56,000 p.a (£43,000) which suggests he was never planning to hang around there. He's the lowest paid guy on the team by a fair distance. He's almost certainly on less than he was at Fir Park.

I think Oxford and Columbus cooked up a plan to shaft us and the MLS killed it when FIFA got involved. 

https://mlsplayers.org/resources/salary-guide

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fizoxy said:

That’s roughly what players get when they join teams out of college here, that’s not a lot full stop, there must be bonuses involved. Oxford would have paid considerably more than that.

You don’t get skyline chili in Oxford though.

The site says that the signing bonus is included in that figure split across the contract.

When you look at the wages of his teammates he is clearly at it. They have 13 players on more than $350,000 a year including 6 on more than 800k and Cadden goes and signs for relative buttons. Some agent he's got.....

Oxford may have been paying him more but they aren't now.

MLS monies/contracts are complicated.

Hes on $56,250 as that is the minimum salary for a player on any MLS reserve roster: (https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago.suntimes.com/platform/amp/soccer/2020/2/6/21126536/mls-new-labor-deal)

Makes some sort of sense as the loan was for the full season originally but then he was recalled. So why put a player on your main roster and have to give him the slot there and the minimum which is  c$80k. Taking up some of the salary cap when not needed.

As the site says, that figure doesn't include non  guaranteed bonus or contracts direct with the club. Just the MLS contract:

"The Average Annual Guaranteed Compensation figure does not include Performance Bonuses because there is no guarantee that the player will hit those bonuses."

"These figures include compensation from each player's contract with MLS. They do not include any compensation from any contracts with individual teams or their affiliates."

So, I suspect some of the allocation money (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allocation_money) the clubs get was possibly used. So they could very well have given Cadden a lump sum, keep his salary down to a minimum for a year, which in turn means they dont max out the salary cap.  Any club loaning also I guess could pay a loan fee or wage too somewhere perhaps like they would here.

5 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I doubt he's on  a huge deal more than he was here.

Also Vancouver is one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in.

We have office in Vancouver and the employees there manage to live a pretty decent lifestyle on much less than Rose's salary.