Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Saw that Broque Watson has moved from Annan Athletic to high flying Cove Rangers and gone straight into the team.

Assume he must have been doing well at Annan then.  

I liked him when I watched him in our youth set up.  

Still raging I never got a chance to try out my chant to the tune of Rock Lobster for him.

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/18223502.city-social-i-tears-stuart-walked-vp/

There's a vid of the fans welcoming him to the dugout within the article, fantastic stuff. One of my favourite ever Well managers. 

Yep, I thought McCall was great for us.  How he got us to 2nd in 2014 was amazing when you see the squad we had

7 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Yep, I thought McCall was great for us.  How he got us to 2nd in 2014 was amazing when you see the squad we had

It's part of the mystery and magic of football. You get the right mix of players and management at the right time and great things can happen. Then, just as quickly and mysteriously it ends and can't be recreated.

That's why I said at the time (when the usual suspects were complaining about our shortcomings) to enjoy it while it lasts, because historically we are more likely to be in the lower reaches of the league than sitting near the top.

McCall just seems like a decent guy as well.  When you hear him talk about that period with us I don't think he can believe how successful he was.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steelboy said:

3 goals in 5 games for Murphy at Burton. 

Going by the media we were obviously interested in him but Gerrard probably preferred getting him out of Scotland in case he outperforms his collection of duff wingers. 

Murphy had a good spell playing for Clough at Sheffield Utd, so probably a smart move for both parties. 

49 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

It astounds me that there are still those who say Bowman wasn't good enough for us when he's scoring goals at league two level and we're gambling on guys with 20 career goals at the 24 in the lower leagues, from the Belgian lower leagues or Ross County reserves...

He scored 10 goals in 72 games - which isn't a great return for a striker.

I think he was a good foil for Moult, but fell into the "hard worker" category rather than "goal scorer" category at Fir Park.

Just now, fizoxy said:

Maybe league two is shite?

His goal scoring has certainly been more regular in his Conference career.

There's also a good possibility that training and playing for us in the Premiership made him a better player and he's benefiting from that in League Two now.