Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

5 minutes ago, superward said:

Cadden starts on the bench today for Colorado (he's got thr no. 2 shirt). Up against New York with MacKay-Steven also benched.  Live on Freesports for this interested.

Did Columbus ditch him already?

I'm not convinced our options in summer were- a) a guy who was playing in the Spanish third tier and had just been released from Wolves' academy, b)a 26 year old winger from Solihull Moors, or c) Scotland internationalist Jamie Murphy who cost Rangers  7 figures from a Premiership team a few years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ross said:

Jamie Murphy scores again but yeah he wouldn’t of been better than seedorf or hylton

He certainly wouldn't have been anywhere near Fir Park. Rangers needed someone to pick up a chunk of his wages and Burton Albion can afford much more than us.

Also, doing them any favours should be pretty much illegal. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Yassin said:

I'm not convinced our options in summer were- a) a guy who was playing in the Spanish third tier and had just been released from Wolves' academy, b)a 26 year old winger from Solihull Moors, or c) Scotland internationalist Jamie Murphy who cost Rangers  7 figures from a Premiership team a few years ago.

Sorry to be the one to tell you, but this sort of balanced and reasoned thinking has no place on an internet football supporters' forum.

I was more meaning the people who thought he wouldn’t be good enough for us.I did realise there was no chance of us signing him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Ross said:

I was more meaning the people who thought he wouldn’t be good enough for us.I did realise there was no chance of us signing him

I don't remember anyone saying he wasn't good enough.  Only that we didn't know how fit he was and didn't want to end up in another McCormack situation.

Given that plastic pitches are banned in the EFL, that was probably another reason to avoid our league when recovering from his kind of injury. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you're into drivelling twitter gossip, apparently Jack Grealish - hours after posting a video urging everyone to stay indoors - went out to a pals flat, got tanked up, crashed his Range Rover on the way home then legged it (wearing mismatched slippers). Ranger Rover was apparently found near the flat of...... Ross McCormack. 

Apparently. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Stuart McKinstry getting himself in the papers for all the right reasons,  well done a great gesture

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/glasgow-leeds-united-scotland-football-18097186

A very nice gesture from the lad. Obviously made of the right stuff.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Return to Real Kashmir

BBC documentary on Davie Robertson (Rangers / Aberdeen) managing in the I-League in India. Basically an hour of him swaggering about and swearing a lot but the political / cultural context is quite interesting. 

Kallum Higginbotham is over there as their star player. Despite playing at a stadium that's a small step-up from some council run places here, he says he's getting paid more than he ever was in the UK.