Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

Seem to remember his last game for us against Celtic when he picked up an eye injury after being hit in the face with the ball . This lack of luck seemed to curse him at FP. 

When let go I truly felt with a few breaks here and there he might have made it with us.

Truly tragic.

R.I.P.

1 hour ago, middleeastdave said:

Really sorry to hear about Christian’s passing, I really thought he could be as good as Kipre in my opinion, but injury unfortunately paid to him staying at FP. RIP

Haven’t seen any comments from SR?

Might have phoned his mother, no need to go on-line with his comments.

Quote from SR on the official site:-

“Christian was a gentleman. He always had a smile on his face playing the game he loved.

“This is a tragic loss for his family, his friends and all of the football community, and to us at Motherwell FC who had the opportunity to work with him.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with his family at this very sad time.”

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, that hat said:

Richard Tait now being linked with Killie according to BBC's gossip section.

Hope Tait gets lined up with a club. Was a really good servant to us and a lot worse places to go than Kilmarnock. Still curious whether we offered Richard a contract or whether we merely released him. Id be surprised if we didn't offer him a contract I still think he had a usefulness to us.

4 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Hope Tait gets lined up with a club. Was a really good servant to us and a lot worse places to go than Kilmarnock. Still curious whether we offered Richard a contract or whether we merely released him. Id be surprised if we didn't offer him a contract I still think he had a usefulness to us.

Personally I would have liked to see him stay, maybe he wanted more starts which is fair enough. 

• Like 1

From a selfish point of view, Id hate to see him playing against us for another Scottish team, as he was such a popular figure at Fir Park. 

However, given that I thought it was probably, on balance, the right decision for us to let him go,  just need to suck it up if it happens.

26 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

From a selfish point of view, Id hate to see him playing against us for another Scottish team, as he was such a popular figure at Fir Park. 

However, given that I thought it was probably, on balance, the right decision for us to let him go,  just need to suck it up if it happens.

Another one  for weeyins list of players to come back and haunt us :)

• Haha 1

Still gutted to see Dicky leave and if he returns to FP then he will get a great reception.  My abiding memory of him was the 0-0 v Sellik when Kipre got sent off due to that cheating git Broon. Anyway late on Sinclair clean through certain to score before Dicky made up incredible ground to block his shot. ..legend