Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

1 hour ago, Stu92 said:

100%. I hate the banality of new stadia. I’d be in support of redeveloping Fir Park on a stand by stand basis, as we certainly have the capacity to function with any 3 from 4 stands open at any time. I think a bit of coherence between the stands would be good as opposed to the current mish-mash (as full of character as that is), and it would also be good to look at redeveloping some of the surrounding land (behind south stand, astros behind east) into some sort of ‘fan zone’ that would massively contribute to match day experience. 

It would also be a crying shame to have to leave the Cooper, O’Donnell and Hunter stands behind. 

Theres the old Garage at the corner of Knowetop that has a massive car park behind it, that could be a pretty accessible Car Park / Fan Zone area, sure its for sale. The South Stand Astro could be turned into an away car park like at Ross County & Caley

A new East Stand could be built on the footprint of the old one. Same with a New Main Stand, and if that was to happen Id look at building a single storey clubhouse in the gap between Main & South that housed the Changing Rooms, Tunnel etc

There are possibilities, tho it may be easier to simply build a new ground out at Ravenscraig

1 hour ago, Stu92 said:

There was a similar discussion on P&B on the accruing of prize money. Glentoran have pocketed close to half a million for beating a Faroe team, as the money is paid per round appearance and not just whatever round you get to. 

Is that true? If so thats wild! I thought it was basically €200k and an extra €20k each round you won

8 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Theres the old Garage at the corner of Knowetop that has a massive car park behind it, that could be a pretty accessible Car Park / Fan Zone area, sure its for sale. The South Stand Astro could be turned into an away car park like at Ross County & Caley

A new East Stand could be built on the footprint of the old one. Same with a New Main Stand, and if that was to happen Id look at building a single storey clubhouse in the gap between Main & South that housed the Changing Rooms, Tunnel etc

There are possibilities, tho it may be easier to simply build a new ground out at Ravenscraig

Costs To develop are prohibitive yet purchase of the land Taggarts have vacated will be of benefit? Would take years to realise any.

Unsure a car park instead of the community facility aids redevelopment either - residential developing is to reduce traffic in that locale.

New East Stand can’t be built on its current footprint, it’s the reason we have seats affixed to an existing terracing.

I’d advocate a move, but, times & society has changed immeasurably. I think opportunity has long since passed us by.  Progressing the club from foundations up for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

Costs To develop are prohibitive yet purchase of the land Taggarts have vacated will be of benefit? Would take years to realise any.

Unsure a car park instead of the community facility aids redevelopment either - residential developing is to reduce traffic in that locale.

New East Stand can’t be built on its current footprint, it’s the reason we have seats affixed to an existing terracing.

I’d advocate a move, but, times & society has changed immeasurably. I think opportunity has long since passed us by.  Progressing the club from foundations up for me.

I guess should the club not be able to afford to move they will have no choice but to redevelop Fir Park in some way, it’s simple one or the other with for me a new main stand with better supporter/Corporate facilities the priority. 

From the BBC: -

Former Falkirk forward Alan Gow has returned to the Scottish League One club as head of football operations.

The 37-year-old and chairman Gary Deans hope his "contacts and experience of scouting and performance analysis" will help return them to the top flight

Cedric Kipre close to a move to Blackburn according to the Lancs Telegraph and, disappointingly for us, for what looks a bargain fee. 

Rovers are close to reaching an agreement with the administrators at Wigan Athletic for central defender Cedric Kipre.

The two clubs are understood to have reached a figure which works for both with regards to a transfer fee.

It had been suggested that the cash-strapped Latics were holding out for more than £1m for the 23-year-old, but the Lancashire Telegraph understands that any such deal would cost Rovers six-figures.

On 8/27/2020 at 5:09 PM, weeyin said:

Frear signs on the dotted line for Hearts.

Fair play to him. Probably on the biggest wage of his career. Heard Robbie Neilson talking about him today - as much as we might all remember a lot of frustrating performances, apparently his stats were among the best in the league for assists and crosses. Always thought he was decent for us. 

3 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Murphy confirmed to Hibs on season long loan with one year deal thereafter. 

Good signing for Hibs. Better than any of our wingers I would say. 

Better than ALL of our wingers....... put together!

Pretty gutted to see Murphy go to Hibs to be honest although I suspect his wage demands would’ve rendered it a non starter as a realistic signing option for us.

That said we’ve now got an extra 3 million quid in the bank.

Also, think what Murphy in the team could do for us over every single forward we signed this summer! I’d rather have him over the lot of them combined.

1 hour ago, milo said:

Pretty gutted to see Murphy go to Hibs to be honest although I suspect his wage demands would’ve rendered it a non starter as a realistic signing option for us.

That said we’ve now got an extra 3 million quid in the bank.

Also, think what Murphy in the team could do for us over every single forward we signed this summer! I’d rather have him over the lot of them combined.

Murphy is one of the easiest players to defend against, he always wants to cut inside, so show him down the line and he is less effective, any decent defenders have him sussed.

He has hardly kicked a ball in 2 years and the last thing we need is another winger, so all the best to him at Hibs but he was not for us.

• Like 1

I always liked Jamie Murphy a good honest professional who  did very well at Brighton but as the squard developed he slipped down the pecking order and Rangers offered what he wanted a return to Scotland and a regular starting spot sadly a bad injury restricted  his Rangers appearances so a move makes sence, But what is he now 33 which for an injury prone winger is the twilight years having said all that I think he would have been a good addition to the Motherwell midfield calm on the ball and a good passer may have provided the midfield/striker link we have been missing in the Premiership so far this season.

Oh well both he and we have moved on, good luck Jamie

• Like 1