Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

2 hours ago, Andy_P said:

It would seem from this topic and previous posts about the Academy that the model is only successful if every player signed results in a sale and there has to be an Academy player first team ready to slot in as and when required.

That is some bar you're setting Grizzly!

I like to set my ambitions high!!!! Lol

If they get one game from him they will have done better than Livi with Stokes.

I caught up with the latest Carabao Cup highlights last night. Didn't see much of Gillespie, but he had a couple of good saves to keep a clean sheet.

Danny Johnson's 6th goal in 6 games set up a tie against Spurs in the next round. A confident and cool finish.

19 minutes ago, ropy said:

Moult nowhere near the Preston team yet, the move hasn’t worked out for him due to injuries.  Kipre on the bench for West Brom, getting closer to the Premier League.

I know chances slim but why dont we ask question and see if Louis available on loan?  What a boost that would give everyone.....LOUISSSSS LOUISSSSSS

1 hour ago, numpty said:

Not if he was getting the sort of service our current forwards are getting, he wouldn't.

Agree Numpty. Ok our forwards aren’t exactly setting the heather on fire but you’re right. The service they are receiving is abysmal. It’s unfair to judge them given the lack of ammunition they’re fed. We have had no decent wingers to speak of and Polworth has been poor. Of all the areas in the team, they and Trevor Carson are the least culpable. 

46 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Is moult still injured? Not suggesting we get him back, just wondered since I noticed he wasn’t even on bench this weekend

Funnily enough I saw this report yesterday.  He's still quite a long way off playing.

It is 13 months since the striker ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee and suffered damage to other parts of the joint.

Moult is able to train on the grass at Springfields and Neil says it is a case of him taking small steps and gradually building-up to full fitness.

PNE boss Neil said: “It is slow process for Louis and it will still be a significant amount of time from now to get back.

“He’s back out on the grass which is great and is making good progress. It’s just small steps for him at the moment.

“We don’t want to apply too much pressure on him because basically he had a whole knee reconstruction.

“That naturally takes time to recover from and you don’t rush back.

“Louis did his ACL, the meniscus, the full lot really, it was serious.”

Moult, 28, was hurt in the 3-2 defeat against Swansea at the Liberty Stadium in August 2019.

It was a non-impact injury, the £450,000 signing from Motherwell stretching to reach a through ball and all his weight went through his left knee.

He had surgery around a month after suffering the injury, the delay in between to allow swelling to go down.

In June Moult had a minor operation to clear up some discomfort in the knee.

Neil said: “When he was doing his work coming back the meniscus was just catching.

“So they cleaned part of the knee up just to solve that.”

• Thanks 1