Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

29 minutes ago, Brazilian said:

Hibs chief exec Leeann Dempster to stand down after 6 years at Easter Road.

Not a complete surprise given the change of circumstances at the club. Leeann was originally hired to assist with the transition to selling a majority ownership to the fans, and then, instead, they sold the majority ownership to the rich businessman last year.

On 11/29/2020 at 1:44 PM, Bigwellfan said:

Been watching the Big Match Revisited (ITV 4 Saturday mornings) Currently  1975 so far seen Keith  MacRae, Dave Latchford, Peter Marinello and Alex Spark

Alex Spark? Tony Straker is like Maradona compared to him. He still gives me nightmares.

16 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Alex Spark? Tony Starker is like Maradona compared to him. He still gives me nightmares.

I had completely forgotten about Spark.

Looking through the internet, I see he died young (43 years old in 1993) after having both legs amputated due to Buerger’s disease; a condition mostly associated with smoking.

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

Looking through the internet, I see he died young (43 years old in 1993) after having both legs amputated due to Buerger’s disease; a condition mostly associated with smoking.

Sorry to hear about that. I wasn’t impressed by him as a player but that’s sad news.