Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

6 minutes ago, sinjy said:

Let's all jump up and with delight because David  Turnbull has got a cup winners medal. I think not. Anyone who isn't a Celtic or Hibs fan should have been willing Hearts on. 

Turnbull played half the game and did little other than take good set pieces.  

I would like him to do well only as an individual because they might sell him for big money and we get a cut but I would be more comfortable rooting for him if he was playing for Norwich not the second most horrible club in the country. 

Hear hear

1 hour ago, well_said said:

Ah spiderpig , the one who asked if a Hamilton match at fir park was all ticket.  Lol  .My opinions are nothing to do with you

:doh:  Good content searching,  but What has me having a senior moment got to do with your sad petty attitude, I like to see any player who played for us to do well  especially a home grown and developed one like DT no matter who he is playing with. 

As for your opinions hoping he would not win his first major medal implies "I hope celtic get beat and I will be happy" attitude worthy of the blue ugly hordes themselves,  so have a look at yourself .

Didn't need to search content to remember an idiotic comment. And as for DT I had the pleasure of watching him almost every week in the youths and I could see what a special talent he is. But as soon as any of our players joins the old firm I question their ambition. We have been stitched up too often in the past by the old firm re transfers (especially the green half). I still haven't forgotten the double stitch up within the space of a week to gift them a trophy and preserve their unbeaten run. 

35 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I hope it's the last time we will see Scott Broon lift a trophy, an embarrassment having him as a captain.  Unusual end yesterday as Hearts Hibs'd it!!....Kingsley pen a farce.    Any way enough about that.....COYW on wed night 

It show you far the stock of the national team had fallen when that clown was the captain.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Some chat online suggesting that Hibs are allegedly considering a move for Chris Cadden in January,, if they can persuade Columbus crew to sell him.

He didn't get much game time for Columbus.  Suspect Oxford would be sniffing around.

Would be quite happy for him to come back to FP but can't see it. 

14 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

He didn't get much game time for Columbus.  Suspect Oxford would be sniffing around.

Would be quite happy for him to come back to FP but can't see it. 

Oxford United was mentioned in the article as well, they seem to be keen to have him back, a bidding war with Hibs then.

37 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

Also he was part of sting that fucked over our club and that should be remembered if he turns up to play at fir park in future 

I know. Imagine being out of contract and needing a job - then having the temerity to take a job with the only employer that offered him one. What a sting.

If the MLS are trying to pull a fast one with FIFA that must be Cadden's fault.

In the meantime, people on here still fawn over Terry Butcher and don't bat an eyelid over the fact that he lied about going to Australia "for a holiday" in the middle of the season before mysteriously taking over at Sydney with 2 years left on his contract at Fir Park.

Now *that* was a "sting".

(I don't blame him for that, btw, any more than I blame Cadden for taking a job elsewhere).

The season Cadden signed for Columbus was the first season the MLS participated in FIFA's development fee scheme. It's not Cadden's fault the MLS tried to pull a fast one with an attempt to categorize all their top tier teams in the lowest tier for compensation, and as far as I know, it's still something that is still being reviewed.

5 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I know. Imagine being out of contract and needing a job - then having the temerity to take a job with the only employer that offered him one. What a sting..

That part is not even close to being true though is it?? He knew exactly what was happening and the scenario manufactured to ensure we didn’t get what we were due. Cadden and Oxford benefitted from it. 

40 minutes ago, weeyin said:

In the meantime, people on here still fawn over Terry Butcher and don't bat an eyelid over the fact that he lied about going to Australia "for a holiday" in the middle of the season before mysteriously taking over at Sydney with 2 years left on his contract at Fir Park.

Now *that* was a "sting".

(I don't blame him for that, btw, any more than I blame Cadden for taking a job elsewhere).

Not that your assertion of it being a "sting" is necessarily incorrect but was it not the case that he and Boyle were supposed to be there to form an association with an Aussie team for future cherry picking as we had kind of done with Workington and had friendly chats with Aston Villa that brought us Neil Tarrant?  I seem to remember that instead of the usual "Uncle Terry went to Oz and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" the bold Tel came back with a 7ft 2 defender in his luggage.

1 hour ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

That part is not even close to being true though is it?? He knew exactly what was happening and the scenario manufactured to ensure we didn’t get what we were due. Cadden and Oxford benefitted from it. 

How did Cadden benefit?

The great thing about the MLS is they are required to publish salaries every year.  Cadden is currently on $56,520 (about £42k). When players are loaned out, they generally don't get any extra money - just that the club taking the loanee pays a part of the salary.

Oxford got half a season from him then, when they wanted to keep him, couldn't afford the fee Columbus were demanding.

So Cadden is back at Columbus on a salary that can't be much more (if it is more) than he was on a Fir Park.

If Cadden's manager/agent is on commission, he won't have much of a cut from the zero transfer fee, the (lack of, so far) development fee or a percentage of Cadden's salary.

If this was a sophisticated sting, then sitting on the bench in Columbus in the middle of winter on a college kid's wages doesn't exactly make Mr Cadden a mastermind.

6 hours ago, Andy_P said:

Not that your assertion of it being a "sting" is necessarily incorrect but was it not the case that he and Boyle were supposed to be there to form an association with an Aussie team for future cherry picking as we had kind of done with Workington and had friendly chats with Aston Villa that brought us Neil Tarrant?  I seem to remember that instead of the usual "Uncle Terry went to Oz and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" the bold Tel came back with a 7ft 2 defender in his luggage.

Aye and he made lamie look like beckenbaur 

Edited by well_said
Spelling

7 hours ago, weeyin said:

How did Cadden benefit?

The great thing about the MLS is they are required to publish salaries every year.  Cadden is currently on $56,520 (about £42k). When players are loaned out, they generally don't get any extra money - just that the club taking the loanee pays a part of the salary.

Oxford got half a season from him then, when they wanted to keep him, couldn't afford the fee Columbus were demanding.

So Cadden is back at Columbus on a salary that can't be much more (if it is more) than he was on a Fir Park.

If Cadden's manager/agent is on commission, he won't have much of a cut from the zero transfer fee, the (lack of, so far) development fee or a percentage of Cadden's salary.

If this was a sophisticated sting, then sitting on the bench in Columbus in the middle of winter on a college kid's wages doesn't exactly make Mr Cadden a mastermind.

The MLS killed the Oxford/Columbus deal when we threatened to take it to FIFA. Oxford were probably paying him more than £800 a week there is nothing to stop that. 

Given how badly Cadden has been advised you would hope his agent would have given him a refund and some compo!

12 hours ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

Chris Cadden was never anything other than a mid / lower spfl premiership player.  Even that assessment maybe a tad generous.

Also he was part of sting that fucked over our club and that should be remembered if he turns up to play at fir park in future 

Yip...never seen the hype with him at all, and he knew exactly what he was doing with the transfer shenanigans