Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

9 hours ago, Yassin said:

I think people are weirdly harsh on Ainsworth even if the sentiments are generally positive. He had one electric season and 3 where he sort of regressed to the mean as a mid table Scottish Premiership winger but was still capable of winning games singlehandedly.

I really liked Ainsworth but only when he could be bothered.  His highlight reel shows why.

I equally remember him at FP and he'd regularly do zero for the first half and only come to life in the second half when he was close the east stand  - it seemed he was powered by people cheering him.  Can't imagine what he'd be like without fans in the stadium. 

3 hours ago, Brazilian said:

Surely we could petition the SFA not to register a player unless the development compensation is paid 

We could, but I'm not sure that's how the process works. I seem to recall there is a pretty long procedure to be followed through the proper channels and, at this point in time, FIFA hasn't determined Columbus has done anything wrong.

Until the full process is followed and, if necessary, FIFA render a decision, I doubt we'd have much success.  I think 'Flow said that could take at least a couple of years to resolve if Associations involved can't reach agreement. It's further complicated by the fact the MLS obviosuly don't fall under UEFA jurisdiction.

I like to toy with the idea of a current and former players team, but not based on what they've done in the past but on what they would do on the coming Saturday.

So you'd pick an 11 from anyone thats ever played a game for motherwell but that 11 is playing this Saturday in their current state. So no point having McFadden, McAllister etc.

Might be worth a thread on its own or just a distraction in here.

So playing a 3-5-2

Randolph 

Kipre, Hutchinson, Gallacher

O'Donnell Turnbull OHara Campbell Johnson

Jutkiewicz Blackman

I'm really struggling for another option in midfield hence the OHara pick....