Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

2 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

2 hours ago, milo said:

Robinson on sportsound at 6pm tonight. Might be worth a listen.

suspect he's touting for a new job,

CV Sounbites 
I gave everything to Well for 4 years and needed a break
Did you know I got to 2 cup finals + 3rd spot
£6m in transfers 
developed youngsters - Turnbull, Campbell, Scott, Cadden 

All true of course and I wish him well but happy to move on to the next chapter. 

30 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

suspect he's touting for a new job,

CV Sounbites 
I gave everything to Well for 4 years and needed a break
Did you know I got to 2 cup finals + 3rd spot
£6m in transfers 
developed youngsters - Turnbull, Campbell, Scott, Cadden 

All true of course and I wish him well but happy to move on to the next chapter. 

Wouldn't be astounded to see him in the away dugout next Wednesday....

28 minutes ago, milo said:

Would’ve liked to have heard the interview.

Is it available to listen to anywhere?

I would guess it will be on the Sportsound podcast later or tomorrow morning. You can get it on Spotify or just go to BBC Sounds.....

5 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

Robinson claiming he couldn't keep Tait or Hartley because we couldn't compete financially. Did I miss something?

Hartley was apparently offered silly money to go to India, which I can quite believe.

Tait supposedly sat on a contract offer for months, not sure anyone knows 100% why but likely to try and negotiate a better deal (pretty sure it was improved terms from the initial offer we made). Then covid happened and the club took the offer back off the table, Tait tried to call the club out on the radio and ended up with a bit of egg on his face IMO. I may have remembered some of the details wrong, but think that was the jist of it. 

1 hour ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

Dont remember him blaming the lad, mind him saying about Odonnell shooting instead of keeping the ball

In his interview tonight he said he had to bring on a young guy late in the game and that basically cost us the win. Easy enough to work out who he meant. Yeah, I recall him blaming the more experienced guys at the time.

Too much of that for me: I'm not blaming anyone, but - and, the buck stops with me, but I didn't do anything wrong.

He's walked away saying there are guys in that dressing room who don't want to be there. He won't name names, obviously, so that leaves just about every player under suspicion. 

As for his mumping about the strain dealing with covid put on him, now he's nice and refreshed and relaxed, mibbe he could do a few shifts in a hospital and take that clown Lennon with him.

I thought his time was up but I had a lot of respect for him. That's diminishing every time he opens his mouth.

1 hour ago, Stu92 said:

Hartley was apparently offered silly money to go to India, which I can quite believe.

Hartley claimed at the time he wanted to stay, but the club withdrew his contract offer for financial reasons. He didn't sign for the Indian club till September, so it doesn't look likely that was why he left. Robinson implied he had nothing to do with either of them going.

All I am going to say is he should have left in November showed us a bit more respect as he always bangs on how much he holds the club dearly.

Sorry but our board were over generous with him he left us in this mess he should have resigned weeks before he did cause it sounds like he gave up tbh.

The improvements under Alexander have been staggering maybe Robinson was the problem and not the players.

28 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

All I am going to say is he should have left in November showed us a bit more respect as he always bangs on how much he holds the club dearly.

Sorry but our board were over generous with him he left us in this mess he should have resigned weeks before he did cause it sounds like he gave up tbh.

The improvements under Alexander have been staggering maybe Robinson was the problem and not the players.

Not sure I’d say staggering, bringing in a decent goalkeeper has probably been the biggest change.

52 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Not sure I’d say staggering, bringing in a decent goalkeeper has probably been the biggest change.

5 points from 12 vs 3 from 24, leaving aside the Hamilton debacle. Managing to equalise and showing some fight. I'd say those were the biggest changes. 

Robinson's free to say what he likes about his time at the club, but if he was really interested in what's best for Motherwell he could hang fire till the summer. But then, sounds like he's looking for a job now.

25 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

5 points from 12 vs 3 from 24, leaving aside the Hamilton debacle. Managing to equalise and showing some fight. I'd say those were the biggest changes. 

Robinson's free to say what he likes about his time at the club, but if he was really interested in what's best for Motherwell he could hang fire till the summer. But then, sounds like he's looking for a job now.

I don’t think we have a right to state when he should be looking for another job, that’s his business. He did the right thing by resigning, we should respect that and move on.

17 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I don’t think we have a right to state when he should be looking for another job, that’s his business. He did the right thing by resigning, we should respect that and move on.

He can go where he likes, when he likes. He can also use his achievements here to get him that job. However, he feels the need to lay the blame for this season at every door bar his own, in print, on YouTube and now on radio. Saying 'the buck stops with me' is commendable if you're actually gonnae accept some responsibility for what's gone wrong, but he's not for doing that. Fair enough, his concern here is - and was - Stephen Robinson. Mine is Motherwell.