Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

9 hours ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

I listened to the interview and didn't interpret his reference to Young Cornelious as " throwing him under the bus" . I might've missed it but he didn't say that's what cost us the points.

He did say we shouldve been 3 or 4 up in that game , which was true. 

He said he had to bring a young player on and we lost a goal. That indirectly blames the young player for losing the goal, but more importantly isnt true. He didnt have to bring the young player on. He had numerous other options to bring on other more experienced players, but HE chose to put the young player on. The blame lies at his door for that and he is trying to make out that he was out of options. Its just not true, which is why it annoyed me so much.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, weeyin said:

Sounded to me like we have add-ons the same way we had with guys like Marvin Johnson & Kipré i.e. cuts of their future transfers etc.

That means that Hibs would have had to agree to this?  Did they pay any money for him?

1 hour ago, middleeastdave said:

Funnily enough it was the first thing I thought of when I heard the news!!

Given his hatred of plastic surfaces I think having all his home games on that pitch might push him over the edge.

Meanwhile, Gary Holt is on his way from Falkirk...

On 1/30/2021 at 9:09 AM, ropy said:

That means that Hibs would have had to agree to this?  Did they pay any money for him?

Not necessarily. Hibs may have agreed a sell on with Columbus, and Columbus may have agreed with us to give us any money they receive from Hibs. 

57 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I see Turnbull is all over the back page of the Sun today vowing the players are ready to step up and save Lennons job. What odds him getting the winner next week.

I see Turnbull's refusing to agree with Lennon that the players have let him down, says that's his opinion. Headline doesn't tell the story, as ever.

But aye, guaranteed he'll score against us.

Main leaves Aberdeen

Curtis Main was a surprise signing for Aberdeen two seasons ago. After just seven goals in 42 appearances he's been allowed to leave.

Main, Sam Cosgrove and Bruce Anderson have all departed Pittodrie this evening, with Derek McInnes bringing in Fraser Hornby and Callum Hendry.

There's still time for one more arrival before midnight....

7 minutes ago, alanos said:

Main leaves Aberdeen

Curtis Main was a surprise signing for Aberdeen two seasons ago. After just seven goals in 42 appearances he's been allowed to leave.

Main, Sam Cosgrove and Bruce Anderson have all departed Pittodrie this evening, with Derek McInnes bringing in Fraser Hornby and Callum Hendry.

There's still time for one more arrival before midnight....

This is what happens when you sign forwards who can't score. 

I'm still convinced they only signed main on the strength of his performance against them in the semi.

Be interesting to see what Hornby does there. For all his goal scoring exploits in the Scotland U21s, he's one of the few players in that international squad that doesn't get regular first team football.