Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

7 hours ago, ohwulliewullie said:

I wonder what it was that attracted Aldred and McDonald to play in Brisbane rather than Motherwell 

Robbie Fowler then manager of Brisbane they met in England and talked Tom Aldred to come down under.

As for Scott McDonald it was no secret he wanted to come back to Australia started at Western United and then moved to Brisbane. 

Maybe the weather helped :smoke:

I do know they keep in touch with Motherwell FC.

26 minutes ago, Ped_MFC said:

Jim Goodwin wants players who dive to win penalties to be named and shamed: -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56046465

I'll start off then Jim, Lee Erwin. Funnily enough on that occasion you 'heard' him being fouled.

Dundee United fans would also agree with your post Ped. Our tame media should take him to task but that will never happen. 

6 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

Kyle Lafferty signs for Killie, you've got to think if Robinson was still here he'd have been brought here.

We could have done a lot worse than Lafferty,   big strong target man with a good scoring record over the years just what we need

On 06/02/2021 at 1:08 PM, SteelmaninOZ said:

I went to the Brisbane Roar game today just to see the former Well players Scotty scored and so did Tom an (og) have a peek.

Mrs grizzly's brother lives in Brisbane and we hope to go out some time once normality returns,  would love to go and see a Brisbane roar game,   I thought big aldred was awesome 

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

We could have done a lot worse than Lafferty,   big strong target man with a good scoring record over the years just what we need

A bullet dodged. 33 years old. A total fanny and his scoring is not that great when you see it either. He's only hit double figures for two clubs he has been at

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=41614

11 hours ago, superward said:

A bullet dodged. 33 years old. A total fanny and his scoring is not that great when you see it either. He's only hit double figures for two clubs he has been at

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=41614

Reached double figures for Burnley, Rangers, Hearts and Palermo, despite Soccerbase showing he never played a game for them, which takes some doing. Add in 20 international goals anaw.

Strikes me as a player who'll do the business, if he can be arsed - we'll see how that goes with Killie. But I don't see any of our January signings scoring more than he will.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, superward said:

Aye that's an odd one with Palermo right enough!  Soccerbase usually quite reliable.  

Hitting double figures for Burnley and Rangers about a decade ago, Palermo while in Serie B  ...still maintain its a bullet dodged imo when you take into account his reputation and age.

Could be related to Palermo getting chucked out the league over all sorts of dodgy dealings, all games and records declared void or something to that effect?

19 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Could be related to Palermo getting chucked out the league over all sorts of dodgy dealings, all games and records declared void or something to that effect?

Think that was a few years later. Their owner gave him a glowing reference:

“He is an out-of-control womaniser, an Irishman without rules. He is someone who disappears for a week and goes on the hunt for women in Milan.

“He has two families with six children, he never trains, he’s completely off the rails. On the field he’s a great player, because he gave us everything he had and more.

“In terms of his behaviour, however, he is uncontrollable. My coach told me he cannot sort this player out, so he has to go.”

Sounds like Lafferty was lucky to dodge a bullet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3