Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

20 hours ago, wunderwell said:

I don't know anything about Maurice Ross as a coach but because he's not one of us - he's no good? I'm sure onthefringes could cast some light.

i never said hes no good .. but i can say that in mo ross's world hes good , in  MY opinion heez full of himself and OTF has already said and iv heard, some will miss him ,and some wouldv chipped in for his taxi to nottingham 

• Like 1

From the BBC football .......preview of tonight’s Scotland game, about the Faroes recent good form......

Ones to watch

Gunnar Nielsen

The 34 year-old goalkeeper knows all about playing in Scotland having previously made 23 appearances for Motherwell between 2013 and 2015. Currently with FH Hafnarfjordur in Iceland, he's a steady, reliable keeper, has been in good form of late and has over 60 caps for his country.

On 3/31/2021 at 3:24 PM, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

From the BBC football .......preview of tonight’s Scotland game, about the Faroes recent good form......

Ones to watch

Gunnar Nielsen

The 34 year-old goalkeeper knows all about playing in Scotland having previously made 23 appearances for Motherwell between 2013 and 2015. Currently with FH Hafnarfjordur in Iceland, he's a steady, reliable keeper, has been in good form of late and has over 60 caps for his country.

Aye we watched him all right, he's still pish.

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

Making sure he's available if Gerrard leaves. 

Racial insensitivity just a stone's throw from religious intolerance. He's working his way through the badges for that very job.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

Possibly, I don’t know....what did he say that was derogatory about black people ?

He made a comment about a black player having a doctored African passport.

As he said himself, "It was a clumsy and insensitive analogy"

25 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

Possibly, I don’t know....what did he say that was derogatory about black people ?

Direct quote from the interview below - whether you believe it to be racist or not is your opinion and that's grand, but from Ross' own explanation and from a neutral standpoint, it's racially insensitive at it's weakest and a bloody stupid thing to say in general , given his position.

"The exact words I said were: 'He looks like he's moving like a 40-year-old. What age is he actually? Does he have a doctored African passport?'

8 minutes ago, Kris-A-Goalda said:

Direct quote from the interview below - whether you believe it to be racist or not is your opinion and that's grand, but from Ross' own explanation and from a neutral standpoint, it's racially insensitive at it's weakest and a bloody stupid thing to say in general , given his position.

"The exact words I said were: 'He looks like he's moving like a 40-year-old. What age is he actually? Does he have a doctored African passport?'

possibly opening a can of worms here but i  remember scotland fans barracking ( being kind) john barnes at hampden , it wasnt just one or two either.. .cringeworthy and embarrassing.  We like  to be viwerd as a tolerant nation , not so sure.

weve come a long way , thankfully,  but the above remark doesnt strike me as racist...ross , obviously thought it was clumsy so hes resigned ...the boy is possibly irked mo was saying he was lazy .

2 hours ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

possibly opening a can of worms here but i  remember scotland fans barracking ( being kind) john barnes at hampden , it wasnt just one or two either.. .cringeworthy and embarrassing.  We like  to be viwerd as a tolerant nation , not so sure.

weve come a long way , thankfully,  but the above remark doesnt strike me as racist...ross , obviously thought it was clumsy so hes resigned ...the boy is possibly irked mo was saying he was lazy .

The guy he made the comment about isn't from Africa - he's Dutch. Intentional or not, it's reflects that "you're from Scotland, but where are you really from" attitude which is more than a hint of "you're not really Scottish in the way I am". It alienates people who have grown up in a country they consider home and that's why it's just a shite thing to say. 

If you're going to make a comment / joke that can only apply to someone based on the colour of their skin, you've got to be sensitive to how it might be taken - especially if you are in a position of authority like he was. As Maurice Ross loves to do, sounds like he's opened his mouth without thinking. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kris-A-Goalda said:

I used to say the same about Joe Chalmers!