Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

On 5/19/2021 at 12:23 PM, GazzyB said:

O'Donnell will have competition with Patterson in there but I think he'll retain his place in the starting XI. Gallagher is going to struggle to get game time.

Or, as the media would say, Patterson will have competition from O'Donnell.

6 hours ago, mfc said:

Aston villa are set to bid for turnbull according to the sun.

He didn’t go down South when he had the chance previously but we are two years further on, he may feel better prepared for it now.  Alternatively he could run the show at Celtic for another season and move on after that.

1 hour ago, Neilwell86 said:

Can't see them selling already, would also be very disappointing from a Motherwell point of view, another season at the levels he has shown and that 7m becomes 14m.

All he needs to do to make it £14m is play a 1-2 off the bar and ping one in against England in the Euros. Being more serious, another good season for him with some further development (e.g. with champions league and international experience) will see more clubs circling with bigger cheques. Which will be in all interested parties' interests... the player himself, Celtic, Motherwell (assuming we do have a sell-on).   

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Agreed. Cue, Celtic issuing a statement saying its an insulting/derisory/demeaning  (delete as appropriate) offer and he's worth at the very least, double that.

Of course they'd be mad to sell him, but a smart move by Villa to make a bid before the new manager is installed.

17 hours ago, livivoice said:

I don't think Craig ever got fully over the bad injury he got when playing for us against ICT.  As often the case in injuries like this it was the result of an innocuous coming together with a player.

Btw Luke Watt has signed for Linlithgow Rose.

Hopefully just a drop down while he recovers from yet another injury. Him and Laurence Shankland had a ridiculous season at Ayr 2017/18 with almost 30 goals each that season to win promotion from league 1 so you'd hope that like Shankland, he's able to aim higher than that level again. 

Celtic are apparently skint but I don't see them selling Turnbull this summer. They need a similar number of new starters to us but they also have to hit the ground running with a new manager. Turnbull guarantees goals and assist in this league so they can't afford to sell him. 

From his perspective it depends on who they bring in as manager. If it's someone who can develop him he should hang around for a couple of seasons before heading south. If it's a Lennon/Delia level appointment he should start agitating for a move immediately. 

• Like 1

Never in a million years will Celtic be selling Turnbull this summer.They will build a team around him next season and a year down the line he will have more goals,more Scotland caps and be at least 20 million plus!

He is so so good I was shocked a big club didn't pick him up from the off.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CoF said:

Hopefully just a drop down while he recovers from yet another injury. Him and Laurence Shankland had a ridiculous season at Ayr 2017/18 with almost 30 goals each that season to win promotion from league 1 so you'd hope that like Shankland, he's able to aim higher than that level again. 

I knew one of the youth coaches that dealt with Moore and he was always full of praise for him. A lot was expected of him, just shows how an injury at the wrong time can really mess with your career in football.

7 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Skippy Sunday today

The best part for me that day was the stream I was watching had the Celtic TV commentators. They went from arrogant celebration to worried and then, when Skippy finished them off, they cut off their audio.

Zaine Francis-Angol

playing for the Monkey Hangers  in the National league today

currently one down to Sutton United who need a win to get promoted to the football league

edit 3-0 Sutton promoted ......chairman interviewed have to rip up their 3G pitch as they are not allowed in football league