Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

18 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Curtis Main signed with St Mirren, 2 year deal.

He was always a handful who put himself about and put in a shift. I liked him and  I'm sure defenders hated playing against him however his finishing bar a short spell for us was woeful.

St Mirren are the new Aberdeen when it comes to "just use Motherwell's scouting" recruitment policy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CoF said:

You're not mistaken. It did used to say May 2021. 

I guess that's what he negotiated when he was out injured then. Seems fair and probably why MFC kept everything quit. We get his euro money and he gets the contract extension lifted to let him sign for someone else.

2 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Compensation? I thought he resigned?

Its not uncommon, and indeed may even be the norm I don't know, for departing (resigned/leaving by mutual consent/sacked whatever)  managers to continue to receive their monthly salaries, under some kind of deal, until their contract expires. Examples are Owen Coyle and Craig Levein.  If they take another job, their compensation or previous salary is reduced or stopped. 

1 hour ago, yosemite sam said:

I guess that's what he negotiated when he was out injured then. Seems fair and probably why MFC kept everything quit. We get his euro money and he gets the contract extension lifted to let him sign for someone else.

Long and short is he reneged on a deal and he and his representatives acted far from professionally. The Euro compo will be a fraction of what we could have got if he was under contract till next summer. I think Aberdeen would have easily found 300k which would be 4x what we will get under this recobble.

Prick is getting booed

• Like 2

When people leave by "mutual consent" you can't really believe much of the official press releases. If the two parties are still on decent terms, they will agree exactly what will be said regarding how great each other is.

If the the two parties fell out, then there is usually a legal agreement to say they can't bad mouth each other, so you get the "no comment" treatment.

There is also often a contractual clause that attached to the severance pay that requires certain behaviour.

1 hour ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Long and short is he reneged on a deal and he and his representatives acted far from professionally. The Euro compo will be a fraction of what we could have got if he was under contract till next summer. I think Aberdeen would have easily found 300k which would be 4x what we will get under this recobble.

Prick is getting booed

We're needing to hire some better lawyers if he simply "reneged" on a deal....

• Like 1

The only thing (slightly) surprising about the whole thing is people are still convinced that the baseless rumours posted on here are fact.

Well that, and that they somehow know the details of his contract.

• Like 1

Almost as predictable as you coming on here to play your broken record on this subject. Why you insist that what transpired is fully legit and all parties are without reproach without written affidavits from all sides and an Mi5 surveillance sting operation is the other side of the coin.

What would you need to change these from baseless to believable?

The subject has been covered at length in other threads. He agreed on a deal, got a wage increase, changed his mind, tried to engineer a move, renegotiated and contract end date changed. A 10 year old playing Cluedo could put all the clues together for a plausible timeline of events. Essentially his actions meant we lost out on a decent potential transfer fee (however would he have been pursued if it was attached to his signature?). I accept the alternative was having a petulant wean playing centre half till next summer.

When it quacks like a duck, floats like a duck, looks like a duck and is called Daffy ...... it's probably a fucking duck.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, weeyin said:

The only thing (slightly) surprising about the whole thing is people are still convinced that the baseless rumours posted on here are fact.

Well that, and that they somehow know the details of his contract.

The rumours are not baseless.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, weeyin said:

If you have any facts, then feel free to share. Otherwise, it remains pure speculation.

According to the Club's own records his Contract Date end was extended by one month, a month in which Motherwell did not have a game. So that appears to be a fact and certainly points to the duck being a duck.

• Like 6