Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

1 hour ago, middleeastdave said:

I thought that he was a good player a bit lightweight maybe but had a good football brain in him and would expect him to do well at Killie.

Found his Level, wonder if his Missus will be running a shitehole comparison series of tweets Motherwell or Kilmarnock :D

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, middleeastdave said:

I don’t know if Hastie was injured or what, but he certainly didn’t make the Rangers squad which contained a lot of their youngsters against Partick Thistle, His future at Rangers must be in doubt?

He was playing for the B team the other day. Probably a mile out here, but if he's registered as part of that squad, and they're playing in the lowland league, would that not make him ineligible to play for the first team? Either way, he's clearly on the road out.

1 hour ago, bobbybingo said:

He was playing for the B team the other day. Probably a mile out here, but if he's registered as part of that squad, and they're playing in the lowland league, would that not make him ineligible to play for the first team? Either way, he's clearly on the road out.

I predict he will be playing for the mini Motherwell that is St Mirren by the start of the season. 

1 hour ago, underboyleheating said:

I predict he will be playing for the mini Motherwell that is St Mirren by the start of the season. 

I was thinking more thistle or falkirk or the likes.

Mind when folk were fuuuuuuuucking fuming we let him go to Rangers after 3 goals in 50 appearances for Aidrie and Alloa? Apparently we should have seen his potential then and signed him up for 3 years.

We have had 3 of the best youngsters in recent times in Campbell, Turnbull and Hastie. In hindsight we did brilliantly with all three.

While I was firmly in the "decent business to get the money we did" camp for Hastie, I thought then he'd have been much better staying with us in terms of career development.

He's still young enough to get back on track, though, if he takes his coaching on board and works hard. Whether not that will be at Premiership level or lower league we'll find out over time.

2 minutes ago, Motherwell Daft said:

One of my former Well favourites Cedric Kipre has signed for West Brom, great chance for the big man to shine n get his dream move back to Camp Neu Fir Park lol

Good luck to Cedric!

What rock have you been living under? He moved there in September 2020. And then was out on loan in Belgium

Harry Robinson will leave Clyde after it was mutually agreed to terminate his contract. The winger, who joined the club last month, will relocate to Dubai after receiving a new job offer.

Danny Lennon said:-

“Harry has been given an opportunity of a dream job abroad outside of football. This club is all about helping people move forward in life. On a personal level, I’m delighted for him and wish him all the best.

“From a football point of view, he’s worked ever so hard in preseason and would have been a real asset for us. This opens up another spot in our squad and an opportunity to bring in another player who can shine for this club.”

I don't know anything about Harry's personal life but I often find it kinda mad that fitba players are often given the opportunity to retrain in other professions as if they hadn't just had a belting (often well paid) opportunity.

So that isn't related to Harry in particular.