Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

10 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

Interesting, I always though he moved a little too soon and needed another season to develop. Would love him back with us but that’s not going to happen.

47 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Interesting, I always though he moved a little too soon and needed another season to develop. Would love him back with us but that’s not going to happen.

He will  end up in paisley with the Motherwell old boys :yes:

23 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

He will  end up in paisley with the Motherwell old boys :yes:

Which, let’s be honest would be a great piece of business for them. The smart money will probably be on Hearts though if the paper talk is true.

This takes the jam out my donut. 

We've been a SPL team for 30+ years and should be able to complete with Utd, St M, StJ for salaries.  Particularly when we've made £XX m on player sales in recent years.

The chatter at the end of last season was expect a smaller squad, less players higher quality.   This is the type of signing that would fit that category.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

This takes the jam out my donut. 

We've been a SPL team for 30+ years and should be able to complete with Utd, St M, StJ for salaries.  Particularly when we've made £XX m on player sales in recent years.

The chatter at the end of last season was expect a smaller squad, less players higher quality.   This is the type of signing that would fit that category.

I liked Scott and thought we missed him when he left. But at that point he wasn't a first team regular and he has struggled to be a first team regular down south.

If we were signing someone on loan (and the article says he's looking for a loan deal) a Jordan Roberts would be more valuable at this point.

If it was a permanent signing, then I'd be delighted to see him back at Fir Park as I'm sure he can develop into a top player.

He isn't someone Hearts are looking at right now. St Johnstone are keen on him. Also heard Motherwell and Dundee Utd are interested.

default_profile_normal.png

RGT

@Paphos_16
Replying to @Paphos_16 @BarryAnderson_ and @edinburghpaper
Heard anything about James Scott?

5 minutes ago, alanos said:

#BringBackScott

Our form completely dropped after we flogged him. Would take him back in a heartbeat. 

He left in January 2020. We finished 3rd that season.

I agree we missed him, but I'd be delighted with another form dropping 3rd this season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, alanos said:

#BringBackScott

Our form completely dropped after we flogged him. Would take him back in a heartbeat. 

I put Scott in the same category as Hastie, scored some goals in a few month purple patch, got a big move and has not kicked on, hence Hull trying to loan and/or move him on.

Would he be a good addition to the team, we all thought Hastie would be we he came back on loan and look how that panned out, so I'm not so sure.

So for me I don't think we should go for him, we seem to be well stocked with forward players giving the signings we have already made, midfielders are the priority.

22 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I agree we missed him, but I'd be delighted with another form dropping 3rd this season.

You are so unnecessarily pedantic sometimes.

He signed for Hull on the 31st January.  After that we lost to Livingston, Celtic, St Mirren & St Johnstone, couldn't beat Hamilton, and got put out the cup by St Mirren in a replay. We missed him badly.

We played 9 games after he left before the season ended and won 1 of them. Even the most happiest of clappers will admit that there was almost no chance we would have held on to 3rd place.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

You are so unnecessarily pedantic sometimes.

He signed for Hull on the 31st January.  After that we lost to Livingston, Celtic, St Mirren & St Johnstone, couldn't beat Hamilton, and got put out the cup by St Mirren in a replay. We missed him badly.

We played 9 games after he left before the season ended and won 1 of them. Even the most happiest of clappers will admit that there was almost no chance we would have held on to 3rd place.

We were struggling after he left but I still think its a stretch to say there's no chance we'd have held on to third. Aberdeen and Livi were both dropping points all over the place the same way we were.

I think we'd have ended up fourth had the season run its course but I don't think it's totally out there to suggest we could've turned turned round a shocking run.

Ultimately though not important as James Scott is what we're on about here and I think he'd be a good addition if was brought back in for the season.

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

Is this contingent on the season being called two months early due to another global pandemic, literally hours before we were due to play the team immediately below us?

1 hour ago, Yassin said:

Is this contingent on the season being called two months early due to another global pandemic, literally hours before we were due to play the team immediately below us?

Just checked again.

Still says we were third. The facts don't care about any of our feelings or predicitions.

Not sure why anyone would be upset by that - we got a nice payout that helped set us up for last season.

• Like 1