Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

16 minutes ago, weeyin said:

The irony about smile-gate is that Cole smiled even less, but nobody mentioned it. 

Cole was a much better player and scored a lot more goals than long, nobody cared about him not smiling. Long being a grumpy git as well as a shit striker is a different matter  :yes:

12 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Cole was a much better player and scored a lot more goals than long, nobody cared about him not smiling. Long being a grumpy git as well as a shit striker is a different matter  :yes:

So what you're saying is the complaints about his lack of smiling were irrelevant and maybe even obsessive, when the real issue was his perceived ability?

7 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

Aye, but did he smile

From Crewe Alexandra website ……….:paint:

Kirk was inevitably involved in the only goal of the game, he hit the by-line from Ainley’s through ball and he calmly picked out Long for a tap-in and his second goal of pre-season,Long smiled broadly as he struck the ball in to the net.

On 7/18/2021 at 3:19 PM, Spiderpig said:

Plus Cole was far more professional on the park. Long regularly dropped out of games, got bookings and sent off and gave away stupid fouls like the one in Israel.

Long showed the right attitude in his final few games but only because he was playing for a contract elsewhere.

Long for me had the feeling he just didn't want  to be here at all.It blew my socks off the fact Robinson offered him terms but  was more than happy for Long to sit about waiting on other offers to come in which they clearly didn't happen then sign him up again.

That in itself should have been a no go it was a poor bit of business.

23 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Long for me had the feeling he just didn't want  to be here at all.It blew my socks off the fact Robinson offered him terms but  was more than happy for Long to sit about waiting on other offers to come in which they clearly didn't happen then sign him up again.

That in itself should have been a no go it was a poor bit of business.

That's how we got Skippy and Faddy back (and Cole come to that), and we managed to sign Watt and O'Donnell as free agents for similar reasons.

I didn't think Long was all that bad, and one of the best games I have seen at Pittodrie was when Watt and Long destroyed the Dons defence when we beat them 3 - 0.  But he was much better in in a front 2 then when we wasted him playing out wide in  3.

He was certainly more effective than guys like Jordan White, Alex Fisher, Conor Sammon or the enigma that was George Newell.

Big Dec not in the squad for the Sheep's euro clash. Wonder if he's 'injured' or just found a clause in his contract that he didn't like.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Big Dec not in the squad for the Sheep's euro clash. Wonder if he's 'injured' or just found a clause in his contract that he didn't like.

He’s suspended. He got sent off and gave away a daft penalty against the Israeli beer team last season. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gdalli10 said:

He’s suspended. He got sent off and gave away a daft penalty against the Israeli beer team last season. 

Ah, bollocks, so he did. 

16 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Turnbull demanding a return to Fir Park after result tonight,  do we have any of his transfer money left to sign him! 

The Celtic fans aren't too happy with him going by Twitter and Kerrydale. He's too slow apparently.

I watched the game and he wasn't great but it was his clever touches that created their two best opportunities which Forrest squandered. It looked like the Danes were playing for Extra Time from kick off because they knew they had superior fitness, a consequence of scrapping the away goals rule.

• Like 1