Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

37 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Rumours that James Scott leaving Hull for St Mirren on a permanent transfer. 

Would have thought a loan more likely given he would be on £5k + per week. 

Would be disappointing if he ended up in Paisley. Unlikely he will be as poor as Erwin for them…

I would assume it would be a loan as he is only a year and half into his contract, he has two years left on his deal with Hull having an option of one more year, a bit early to give up on their investment seeing he's still only 20. I've not really seen much of him since he left tbh. 

They really do like an ex well player down Paisley these days, trying to recreate the 2018/19 side. 

1 hour ago, jim64 said:

I’m still shocked we got a million quid for him:blink:

Starting to look like a good bit of business. I felt at the time it was too early for him and he shoulda stayed and developed further with us, but was always too good an opportunity for him or us to turn down. You always hope to he proved wrong in those situations as its great to see our academy graduates do well, but I dont think anyone would be swapping him for KVV this week....

On 7/31/2021 at 3:28 PM, weeyin said:

Watching the Dundee v St Mirren game and saw Curtis Main put through with just the keeper to beat.

Do you think he scored?*

*he didn't score

yep,  I watched the highlights last night...he did seem very involved tbf, but always seemed to fluff it or be "unlucky"

On a totally different subject, the tackle the Dundee player was sent off for was disgraceful,  you see players being sent off for two mistimed tackles and then that, an assault,  just lazy and cynical,  hope the saints player is ok.

45 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

yep,  I watched the highlights last night...he did seem very involved tbf, but always seemed to fluff it or be "unlucky"

To be fair, we've had very few strikers over the years that you'd back to score more often than not in a one-on-one -- Mr Woolery didn't exactly excel himself at the weekend either.  (And Curtis will always have some credit in the bank for the one he did score at Hampden.)

27 minutes ago, numpty said:

To be fair, we've had very few strikers over the years that you'd back to score more often than not in a one-on-one -- Mr Woolery didn't exactly excel himself at the weekend either.  (And Curtis will always have some credit in the bank for the one he did score at Hampden.)

yep, dont disagree , hes not the worst.

While I enjoy giving him a hard time, Main's biggest problem when he was with us, is he lost confidence. He got away with it to some extent with his work rate and putting himself about.  You always hear about strikers "taking a gamble" to take a position where the ball might end up, but if you watch his later games, his lack of confidence meant he did the exact opposite - always taking a safe position where he wouldn't have to shoot.

His stint at Aberdeen didn't do much to repair that confidence, and I think he's a 5 or 6 goal per season striker at best at our level (and he's never had a double digit season at any club) - but I agree he's not the worst we've had. If you have an actual goal scorer in the team, he's not bad partner to play off.

On 8/2/2021 at 9:36 PM, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Rumours that James Scott leaving Hull for St Mirren on a permanent transfer. 

Would have thought a loan more likely given he would be on £5k + per week. 

Would be disappointing if he ended up in Paisley. Unlikely he will be as poor as Erwin for them…

On the bench today  away at Preston as isLong for Crewe………..good to see wee Al in the Luton starting line up ……no sign of Cole for Barnsley 

41 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

On the bench today  away at Preston as isLong for Crewe………..good to see wee Al in the Luton starting line up ……no sign of Cole for Barnsley 

Magloire on the bench too, for Blackburn

Great win for Allan Campbell on his debut in a 3-0 win for Luton.

Jermaine Hylton plays for Newport County as they beat Oldham Athletic who had Jacob Blyth up front.

James Scott comes on as a late sub for Hull City.

Chris Long on the bench for Crewe, he didn't make an appearance but fellow well player Chris Porter did.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Robbo's Morecambe FC off to a decent start, drawing 2-2 with Ipswich in the league and beating Blackburn 2-1 in the first round of the cup.

I watched their opening league game on the EFL highlights show at the weekend.

He's already building that team in Robbo mode with a big center forward and pacey wide men.

They were unlucky not to beat Ipswich, but as we witnessed a few times at Fir Park, after they took the lead in the 72nd minute they couldn't see out the game and conceded in injury time.