Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

12 hours ago, Happy Dosser said:

Allan Campbell the victim of a really bad tackle against Blackburn. He had to go off but there was poetic justice finally   as Luton equalised in  injury time.

Just seen that tackle on Allan and is very lucky to be able to limp off instead of being carried off, as for the tackler he is a very lucky man to escape a red card, surely his yellow card will be upgraded to red!

26 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Will be interesting to see if he keeps his spot when Siegrist is available again, or if he's still regarded as a backup.

He's certainly worth a start in most teams.

I think when you have two keepers genuinely competing for first choice you can't drop a player that's playing well.

Like us with Gillespie and Carson. No chance you could have dropped Gillespie when he was playing the way he was.

9 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

I think when you have two keepers genuinely competing for first choice you can't drop a player that's playing well.

Like us with Gillespie and Carson. No chance you could have dropped Gillespie when he was playing the way he was.

The paper talk is Siegrist could be back in goals for the derby next week thanks to a quick recovery.

21 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

The injury prone Charles Dunne missing again for St Midden. Good business by Alexander only offering training facilities. To think some on here actually rated the wage thief. 

Wage thief ? do yourself a favour. 

1 hour ago, Robbos boy said:

The injury prone Charles Dunne missing again for St Midden. Good business by Alexander only offering training facilities. To think some on here actually rated the wage thief. 

This is just incredibly unnecessary; it's not his fault he was injury prone. A good guy into the mix as well who was clearly well liked by the squad.

Calling an injured player a wage theif implies we should just punt everyone who gets injured, or at least not pay them. Unless you're saying he wasn't really injured. Poor take either way.

Dunne was a decent player, and was part of a fun era for the club. We let him go at the right time, and good for him that he got another top flight gig.

• Like 1

Complete bollocks he never feigned injury he was just unfortunate and therefore not a wage thief. There were one or two players who we could have pointed that finger at over the years but Dunne was certainly not on of them.

• Like 1

Charles Dunne was very highly thought of when he was coming up. The reason he needed up here was because of his injury record. He was a gamble that worked for a while til it didn't.  It was the right call not to offer him a deal this time and I do think the club giving injured players new deals on reduced terms is a fair and right thing to do.

I could list plenty of wage thief’s that have played for Motherwell and Dunne isn’t one of them. One actually appeared in a “Motherwell Legends” team today for Fir Park Corners anniversary do. 

Very harsh on Charles Dunne, not the worst defender we’ve had but never short of effort on the park. 

Thankfully though, his injury’s are St Mirren’s problems now. 

Injured when he arrived, injured when he left and more often than not injured in between and not really a good defender. No doubt he will be in the Hall of Fame a few years from now due to a big blooter up the park to Moult at Hampden. Oh well, St Middens wage thief now. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Think the big man must have stole yer sweeties at some point in the past.

23 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Ex Motherwell defender Declan Gallagher was on the losing side again today. 

yip , and  a sub to start with. all because big kev vv   pulled his pants doon  n rodgered him hahahahahahahah         he started as a sub cause his manager obviously thought he was to blame for the 2 balls into the box that ended up in goals he didnt defend well .      and only got on today cause of an injury, i spoke to dons supporters in spoona last sat night and they told me most of there support  have already decided that hees not for them and by xmas he wont even be in the match day squads     in my opionion thats good enough for me hahahah feckin knob hope heez got a clause for that  :):):)