Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

4 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

Injury prone from day one, stole his wages due to the club being so generous to injured players. Gets asked to prove his fitness, but jumps ship, stating he should not have been asked to prove fitness. Gies a break, one of the luckiest journeyman football player know to man. Best of luck at St Midden. Opionion based on playing facts, not the 'Charlie Taxi' nonsense. 

You have missed the mark a couple of times this week

35 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

Are you being serious, would you have given him a 2 year deal based on his appearances and injury record. 

I don't think anyone is suggesting that. I think the point is, he is a good guy, gave it his best for us and did pretty well when he was able to play, but has been really unlucky with injuries... as opposed to a "wage thief" as you said. I think MFC did the right thing with him through his spell out, and when it looked like he was fit again, didn't offer him another 2 year renewal because of his previous injury record.  But if I was the player, when St Mirren came along with a 2 year contract, I'd have taken it too. I wish him nothing but the best, and hope he can get back to fitness. 

• Like 2

A wage thief is a player that clearly cant be arsed on the field of play, or who is quite happy to sit on the bench and let their contract expire despite having the opportunity to play elsewhere. Neither of those can be attributed to Charles Dunne, who despite his injury problems, will always be warmly regarded by the majority of Motherwell fans......

• Like 2

On 9/18/2021 at 7:38 PM, GawnUpBy? said:

I could list plenty of wage thief’s that have played for Motherwell and Dunne isn’t one of them. One actually appeared in a “Motherwell Legends” team today for Fir Park Corners anniversary do. 

Go on then, I’ll bite. Who was that? I thought we assembled a very good collection of guys who contributed to the cause .

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

I'll hazard a guess that he means the Danderhall donkey.

I thought Brian Kerr was born in Bellshill.  One of the most talented natural footballers I've seen at Fir Park matched only by his ability to not give a toss most weeks and badmouthing us when he moved to Hibs.

Hopefully, he's teaching the youngsters not to approach the game the same way,

6 hours ago, Frazzie said:

Go on then, I’ll bite. Who was that? I thought we assembled a very good collection of guys who contributed to the cause .

Definitely mate, and a big well done to everyone who turned out and helped organise the event. Didn’t attend personally but from what I’ve seen on social media it was a great success.

Weeyin gets it spot on though. I could use one hand to count the number of positive contributions from Brian Kerr in a Motherwell shirt. Saturday was one of them too! 

17 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

Cheers James, someone knows value for money 

No-one's disputing your point that he didn't contribute. People are just pointing out that isn't what wage thief means.

If someone at your work is genuinely, physically and medically unable to do their job...they still get paid while they are off recovering, and rightly so.

If someone at your work is completely fine and capable, comes to work and doesn't do anything, sits on the internet all day, terrible timekeeping and doesn't care that everyone else is having to pick up his work...and yet is happy to keep picking up his full pay, that's a wage thief.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GawnUpBy? said:

Definitely mate, and a big well done to everyone who turned out and helped organise the event. Didn’t attend personally but from what I’ve seen on social media it was a great success.

Weeyin gets it spot on though. I could use one hand to count the number of positive contributions from Brian Kerr in a Motherwell shirt. Saturday was one of them too! 

Brian Kerr? Now if ever there was a wage thief in a Motherwell jersey, there’s yer man right there. A very talented player but his stinking attitude got in the way of that.

The disrespect he showed us when he left was almost Mark McGhee levels.

Ah, fair do’s. The disrespect bit must have passed me by. I always remember his goal in the league cup against Aberdeen at Fir Park and his assist for Hamiltons worldy so I thought he was alright! 

And to be fair, agreeing to take part in something like Saturday for ‘Well fans redeems any disrespect he may have shown in the past- especially as he was one of the guys that stayed to the bitter end. He’s fine by me.