Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

Four years ago and we only have one player from that game still in our squad. It’s no wonder people say they struggle to relate to our squad with such a high turnover.

In the modern game 4 years is a lifetime , successful teams might keep a squad together for a few seasons but for the rest of us it's significant change every season, all thanks to an obscure Belgian midfielder that nobody had heard of.

19 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Stuart McKinstry made his first EPL start for Leeds today, away to Spurs.

Chris Cadden outstanding for Hibs as they beat Sevco 3-1 in League Cup semi final.

Didn't watch the game but according to Livescore he came in with 3 minutes to go.

First EPL appearance you mean?

Either way very impressive for someone only 19.

Possible loan move for him in January or August to get him games?

Took in Cove Vs QOS yesterday. Why, another story!!

Hearing how poor our midfield was yesterday I couldn't help but appreciate how influential Vigurs was in this cup tie. Totally controlled the game and scored a fantastic free kick. No, I'm not suggesting we sign him back not least as he burned his bridges with us but I've little doubt he would have done a job for us yesterday.

Meantime, Max Johnston played very well for Queens and intriguingly in a midfield role. Encouraging with the future in mind.

And before I forget, Morgan Neil was in the Cove team and did well.

22 hours ago, livivoice said:

Took in Cove Vs QOS yesterday. Why, another story!!

Hearing how poor our midfield was yesterday I couldn't help but appreciate how influential Vigurs was in this cup tie. Totally controlled the game and scored a fantastic free kick. No, I'm not suggesting we sign him back not least as he burned his bridges with us but I've little doubt he would have done a job for us yesterday.

Meantime, Max Johnston played very well for Queens and intriguingly in a midfield role. Encouraging with the future in mind.

And before I forget, Morgan Neil was in the Cove team and did well.

Max's dad was a top notch midfielder if he is anywhere near Alan's standard get him back to Fir park pronto to play in midfield, ps I know his dad is QoS manager.