Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

Saw Campbell getting half an hour in his side's win today.

Bowman unlucky to have a goal chalked off when the crosser was marginally offside.

Trevor Carson keeping a clean sheet as Morcambe take a lead into half time against Spurs.

Talking (in the Rebuild thread) of pre-contracts:

JAKE HASTIE looks set to be recalled by Rangers after an unsuccessful loan spell with Partick Thistle. 

The 22-year-old has had a tough time of it at Firhill since joining on a temporary switch during the summer. 

His last appearance for the Jags came at the end of October, and has mainly been used to fill the bench. 

Ian McCall opted not to name the attacker in his matchday squad at all on Saturday as Thistle drew 2-2 with Hamilton. 

And with his loan ending this month, it appears unlikely that Partick will extend the move. 

This will lead Hastie back to Ibrox, for the mean time anyway, where his contract expires at the end of the campaign. 

The pacey attacker has mae just two first team appearances since his arrival from Motherwell in 2019, where he burst on to the scene and enticed Rangers to sign him on a pre-contract. 

8 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

Not good for him if he can't hack it at championship level.

To me, Hastie is a player who killed his development stone dead the second he signed for Rangers. He had less than half a season of top flight football under his belt and left a place where dips in form would be understood and dealt with to a place where he was unlikely to get much in the way of opportunity unless he became a world beater on his debut. Short term income, yes, for the length of his h**s contract, in return for probably a part time career at Stenhousmuir or similar until he retires. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

To me, Hastie is a player who killed his development stone dead the second he signed for Rangers. He had less than half a season of top flight football under his belt and left a place where dips in form would be understood and dealt with to a place where he was unlikely to get much in the way of opportunity unless he became a world beater on his debut. Short term income, yes, for the length of his h**s contract, in return for probably a part time career at Stenhousmuir or similar until he retires. 

We all talk of him being a one trick pony and that really was the case, he was going backwards before he even left us for Rangers and getting subbed off in games. I thought he would make Championship level but it’s now looking more like league one or two. It’s a shame but he’s not the first and won’t be the last to look amazing for a very short time before going backwards.

9 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

We all talk of him being a one trick pony and that really was the case, he was going backwards before he even left us for Rangers and getting subbed off in games. I thought he would make Championship level but it’s now looking more like league one or two. It’s a shame but he’s not the first and won’t be the last to look amazing for a very short time before going backwards.

From Salary Sport website……..

Jake Hastie earns £5,100 per week, £265,200 per year playing for Rangers as a AM RLC, F C. Jake Hastie's net worth is £868,920. Jake Hastie is 22 years old and was born in Scotland. His current contract expires May 31, 2023.

Knowing his family background and very strong allegiances to the other side of Glasgow was surprised he signed at Greyskull

but on that money it’s a no brainier……..no mortgage at 22 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

From Salary Sport website……..

Jake Hastie earns £5,100 per week, £265,200 per year playing for Rangers as a AM RLC, F C. Jake Hastie's net worth is £868,920. Jake Hastie is 22 years old and was born in Scotland. His current contract expires May 31, 2023.

Knowing his family background and very strong allegiances to the other side of Glasgow was surprised he signed at Greyskull

but on that money it’s a no brainier……..no mortgage at 22 

I think given his football level he’s ended up playing a blinder. I often think players should stay a while longer and develop, then move on even though the argument is they could have a career threatening  injury at any time. However in his case I don’t believe he would have developed.

• Like 1

Blinder indeed……..average full time wage for Uk in 2021 is apparently £31285………. Or would take average wage earner nearly 34 years to make what he could potentially make in his 4 year contract!!!!! FFS !!!! 

Wonder what DUFC are offering TW…………don’t think it will be £5100 per week

2 hours ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Blinder indeed……..average full time wage for Uk in 2021 is apparently £31285………. Or would take average wage earner nearly 34 years to make what he could potentially make in his 4 year contract!!!!! FFS !!!! 

Wonder what DUFC are offering TW…………don’t think it will be £5100 per week

I remember when we tried to sign Çiftçi the first time, Stuart McCall said we lost out because Dundee Utd were offering literally double what we could afford. So it might not be too far off given he should be one of their senior players.

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

I remember when we tried to sign Çiftçi the first time, Stuart McCall said we lost out because Dundee Utd were offering literally double what we could afford. So it might not be too far off given he should be one of their senior players.

It was the same with Mario Bilate in 2014/15, just as we were about to get his scrawl on the contract we were gazumped by United at the very last minute who offered almost double. He proved to injury prone but typically he scored a stunning late winner for them against us up at Tannadice. We however managed to to nab Chris Porter from their grasp but I think that was thanks to John Boyle.