Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

32 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Alan Campbell probably up against Chelsea tonight (unless Luton do that thing that Championship sides do where they rest players in the FA cup), a good showing here would be great for him.

Did Campbell go on a "deal" after his contract ran out or was it done through the tribunal method? 

Burrows said at the time:

"We have reached a compromise that is both fair in the short-term but also allows Motherwell the potential to share in future success, should Allan’s career continue in the same upward trajectory."

Some sort of sell on clause you'd imagine.

Interestingly, Luton Town have a policy of not announcing the length of contract for each of their new signings so unclear when his current deal runs out.

17 minutes ago, Last post by: said:

Burrows said at the time:

"We have reached a compromise that is both fair in the short-term but also allows Motherwell the potential to share in future success, should Allan’s career continue in the same upward trajectory."

Some sort of sell on clause you'd imagine.

Interestingly, Luton Town have a policy of not announcing the length of contract for each of their new signings so unclear when his current deal runs out.

Excellent that was my memory of it, here's hoping he's exceptional tonight then.

17 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

Be good if the Lanarkshire Kante goes up against the actual one, and does well 

From the Daily Rangers:

For so long has Motherwell academy graduate Allan Campbell been compared to Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kante - and he can't wait to potentially battle with the man himself.

Campbell has made himself a mainstay in the Luton Town team since leaving Motherwell for the English Championship last summer, and his biggest test yet is upon him.

The Hatters take on Champions League holders Chelsea this evening in the FA Cup. An energetic midfielder, Campbell's style has been compared to Chelsea midfielder Kante's, earning him a nickname, 'Lanarkshire Kante.'

He doesn't know whether any swapping of shirts will occur between the two, but Campbell says such an occasion vindicates his decision to move south.

He said: "The Lanarkshire Kante stuff is gradually coming here a bit now! I've been called that few times over the past few weeks so it's slowly coming out!

"It will be amazing to come up against him. He's one of the best midfielders in the world. I've never really did shirt-swapping after a game but we will have to see what's it is like after the game!

"I am looking forward to it and it'll be brilliant to challenge myself against the current champions of Europe.

"It'll be exciting. I want to play against these players and it's one of the main reasons I came here. I'm only going to get better playing against better players, taking bits from their game to put into your own."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, middleeastdave said:

Just saw the highlights of Lincoln v Sheffield Wednesday although the score doesn’t matter 3-1 to Lincoln but Sheffield Wednesday’s goal was made by Marvin Johnson who ran up from around halfway and beating at least 6 players to make the cross for the goal, if only he was still with us.

He would be suffocated by poor tactics .

4 hours ago, GazzyB said:

I took in Caley vs Arbroath today. Reece McAlear is on loan with ICT from Norwich and absolutely bossed it today. Hopefully we've got a sell on clause.

It's a bit annoying that he could have stayed with us and just as easily been loaned out to ICT, or had some game time in our first team.