Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

46 minutes ago, El Grew said:

Jim Goodwin wants Charles Dunne at Aberdeen?! Surely that must be an April Fools joke! :lol:

TBF,  when he's fit, he's better than most of that Aberdeen defence.

It's the "fit" part that was always the issue at Fir Park.

10 hours ago, Casagolda said:

Trevor Carson with a wonderful save tonight

Secured a win to lift Derek Adams' Morecambe (formerly robinson's) out of the relegation zone.

He will probably be at St Mirren next year if they sell Alnwick! :P

12 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Only if Robbo hasn't been sacked by then.

Judging by some of the comments online,there seems to be a fair few st mirren fans that have turned against robbo already after comments he made after the game against us.

6 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

What did he say?

Even though st mirren were comfortable and on a decent run of form when robinson took over,he said as soon as he seen the squad he realised they were in a dogfight and he's supposed to have told a number of players there that there not good enough.there results have been poor since he went there but the fans seem to be against him for behind the scenes stuff,it looks like he's went in there with a bit of an attitude and it's backfiring on him.i wouldn't rule at mirren out of finishing in the play off spot.

1 hour ago, mfc said:

Judging by some of the comments online,there seems to be a fair few st mirren fans that have turned against robbo already after comments he made after the game against us.

That's what I've been reading too. I don't think he will be punted, but it's been a tough transition for him.

The more reasonable St Mirren fans have been pointing out they have been very streaky all season with a few terrible runs of results, but most aren't fans of what they see as Robbo publicly throwing players under the bus.

The league being so tight, his record of Played 7, Won 1, Lost 6 certainly hasn't helped win the fans over. His post-match interviews do sound a bit like the ones he gave when we were struggling. While GA has had plenty of downs in 2022, he's always been pretty consistent in talking about the confidence he has in his group of players to turn things around, even after he's criticised specific performances.

Robbo seems to have adopted the opposite approach, which is high risk when you can't bring in any new faces.

3 minutes ago, weeyin said:

That's what I've been reading too. I don't think he will be punted, but it's been a tough transition for him.

The more reasonable St Mirren fans have been pointing out they have been very streaky all season with a few terrible runs of results, but most aren't fans of what they see as Robbo publicly throwing players under the bus.

The league being so tight, his record of Played 7, Won 1, Lost 6 certainly hasn't helped win the fans over.

I agree,I don't see him being sacked anytime soon especially after they paid compensation for him and reportedly made him there highest paid manager.he might come under pressure early into next season if there run of form was to continue between now and then.it will be interesting to see what players he takes there.it was definitely strange to be throwing some players under the bus giving the fact that they were in with as good a shout as anybody of getting into the top 6 and now he will be relying on those same players of trying to stay away from the play off spot,you would think st johnstone will really have st mirren in there sights now.

37 minutes ago, mfc said:

you would think st johnstone will really have st mirren in there sights now.

St Johnstone are on a decent run just now, with the (supposedly) easier post-split fixtures to come, and even if they don't overhaul St Mirren you'd still fancy them to beat Arbroath, or ICT, or whoever. If St Mirren fall into 11th, though, I wouldn't bet any of my own money on them staying up.

A lot depends on the form of the team heading into the playoffs. When Hibs went down to Accies, they were on a major slide. When we saw off Rangers, we'd won 5 and drawn 3 from our last twelve. It was just we hit that upswing too late to avoid 11th.

Never want to be in the playoffs again, though.

3 hours ago, mfc said:

You just need to look at the dogs abuse he was getting from his own fans on the long walk up the stairs of the South Stand on Saturday. Lots of unhappy bunnies in Paisley.

(Sorry about the animal references).

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

A lot depends on the form of the team heading into the playoffs. When Hibs went down to Accies, they were on a major slide. When we saw off Rangers, we'd won 5 and drawn 3 from our last twelve. It was just we hit that upswing too late to avoid 11th.

Never want to be in the playoffs again, though.

And don't forget the Rangers team we played  against  were utter shite which helped our cause big time. :yes:

15 minutes ago, Haggischomper said:

Robbo is just one of those guys that are a good assistant manager but a terrible manager. We've had a few of those in the past - Malpas, Barraclough, etc. I'd imagine Lasley would likely fall into the same category. Hope we never find out.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Lot of new chat on the St Midden forums on P&B that he's in line for the CEO/COO post there.

Started a while ago when he was seen round their park and explained away by the fact he was watching his boy who plays in their youth system but has grown arms and legs since then.