Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

I liked big Chas - especially when he played more centrally.

Good in the tackle. Not so good in the pass, but fine when he keeps it simple.

I prefer tackling defenders over the flashy wing-back type, but I'm old-school.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Yes wish him full recovery,  one of best keepers I have ever seen. Always remember his save at parkhead for us from a Larsson header

One of the best goalies we've had and we've had more than our fair share. Hope he gets through it.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, weeyin said:

I see St Mirren are continuing to spread their scouting network worldwide and are looking to sign Trevor Carson.

I think their main criteria for recruiting players is " have you played for Motherwell at some point in your career" 

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I see former players now at Dunfermline (Chalmers, Polworth and Lawless) haven't impressed their fans.

has mrs polworth  said dunfermline is a shite hole yet ???    i think the common denominator is her shite hole husband 

14 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Also Alan Campbell played for Luton who won and made the play offs. Would love for them to do it and wee Al to be an EPL player.

I was watching that game this morning.

If you get a chance to see Luton's goal, it's well worth seeing. Not the keeper's finest moment.

3 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

Bob McHugh with the assist for the Queens Park goal apparently.

Also Alan Campbell played for Luton who won and made the play offs. Would love for them to do it and wee Al to be an EPL player.

I don’t know what we were able to negotiate with Campbell’s transfer but a wee promotion bonus would be nice.

Watt was good for us when he was here and if it weren’t for his goals in the first half of the season then I dread to think where we’d currently be sitting. I think we were also a good match for him after being at several clubs over the years without settling anywhere. Sadly though he did as all players do and chased the bigger pay cheque and that’s why he’s gone.

No hard feelings toward him from me, he was good for us while he was here but he’s past tense now.

• Like 1

As much as I loved him, I didn’t think Alan would make it down there, and if he did it would take a good few years.

To go down there and be part of a team to make the playoffs against all odds and win awards in the process in his first season is incredible. I’m absolutely delighted for him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

Sorry for the late post, just back in from pub celebrating 3 points yesterday, but Watt a game Tony the diver had for Dundee United today, how folk can even think of him as anything positive for the Well astounds me. Put his career back on track and f,d off, obviously knowing some supporters on here would think he was the second coming, Aye right, couldn't lace KVV or VVV,S, boots. COYW 

I was reading quite a few comments from dundee utd fans earlier and they were all saying how pissed off they are with watt diving all the time,he's at it every game supposedly.

31 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

As much as I loved him, I didn’t think Alan would make it down there, and if he did it would take a good few years.

To go down there and be part of a team to make the playoffs against all odds and win awards in the process in his first season is incredible. I’m absolutely delighted for him.

There hasn't been many players that I closely keep an eye on after they have left us but alan is one of the few,I'm chuffed to bits for him that he's done that well.we have some decent midfielders at international level but he surely can't be that far off getting a call up.