Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

On 5/7/2022 at 9:15 PM, Kmcalpin said:

Nadir Ciftci on the bench again for St Johntone.  He's only made 5 appearances since signing for them in January and has failed to score in any of those. 

He scored three for us but two of them were against Accies in a final day game that was played like a friendly so he wasn't much better here. 

Cifiti had a productive spell with Dundee Utd, but outside of that he has never been a regular scorer.

As for Campbell, I'm delighted for him, but not surprised about his success. I think sometimes we admire his engine so much we sometimes overlook the fact he is also a good footballer. Combine that with his healthy obsession to fitness and the way he's always looking to improve, he's a manager's dream.

I don't know whether it was luck, judgement or a bit of both, but he picked the ideal club for his moves south. A team with aspirations for promotion but no expectations. I've watched a few of his games this season and he is getting to play in the advanced midfield position which I think is where he most productive.

It's a tough ask to get promotion in the English playoffs, but John McGinn must be hoping they fail so he doesn't end up in Al's back pocket again.

17 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Reece McAlear turns out for ICT tonight and picks up a yellow card.

A few nice touches from him though. Would be happy to see him back at Fir Park to continue his development.

On 5/12/2022 at 12:41 PM, bobbybingo said:

And every one of them this season against Rangers, apparently.

He also scored against Hearts in the league and Montrose in the league cup but it was a bit strange that he got 4 out of 5 league goals against Rangers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Record reporting that Rangers are looking at bringing in Kipré as a defensive option in the summer.

I hope the big man gets better offers than that. Id really hate to see him playing for them......

• Like 3

On 5/19/2022 at 4:18 PM, joewarkfanclub said:

I hope the big man gets better offers than that. Id really hate to see him playing for them......

Was speaking to one of their fans yesterday about the potential signing,  his response was he hopes Kipre doesnt end up at Ibrox as from what he remembers he was a dirty dirty player

My response was he is too good for that mob anyway 

There will no doubt be other offers for Kipre 

1 hour ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Was speaking to one of their fans yesterday about the potential signing,  his response was he hopes Kipre doesnt end up at Ibrox as from what he remembers he was a dirty dirty player

My response was he is too good for that mob anyway 

There will no doubt be other offers for Kipre 

The big man would be wasted on them.......