Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

5 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Robinson - Carson - Gallagher - O'Hara start the season with a 0-1 home defeat to Arbroath in what one  Buddy at the match described as "One of the worst St. Mirren performances I've ever seen".

You really don’t like Robinson do you? :lol:

No denying that’s an awful result for him and St.Mirren though.

25 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Poor result for St Mirren though Arbroath definetly a good side and still underrated in my opinion 

Will be happy to see St Mirren do well this year as long as they dont finish higher than us 

Not for me mate,st mirren is one team I never want to do well no matter how many ex well employees are there,there fans seem to think they are something that there clearly not.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mfc said:

Not for me mate,st mirren is one team I never want to do well no matter how many ex well employees are there,there fans seem to think they are something that there clearly not.

St.Mirren fans are, in the main, odious boneheads.

7 hours ago, numpty said:

Much like most other team's fans, then. That's kind of what fans do.

Whereas ours think we are ‘a great wee club’.

• Haha 1

Whilst I don’t want St Mirren to “do well”, Lasley, Robinson & Carson are guys I respect a lot from their time at the club, but the joy I take in Gallagher’s monumental decline overrides that massively, so fuck them. 

15 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Whilst I don’t want St Mirren to “do well”, Lasley, Robinson & Carson are guys I respect a lot from their time at the club, but the joy I take in Gallagher’s monumental decline overrides that massively, so fuck them. 

Gallagher had one great season with us - was he playing alongside Aldred ?  Perhaps much stronger playing beside quality players .

overall not impressed that Robinson is still pegging his hopes on the same players he had his hopes on with his time as Motherwell - unless they get off to a great start I don’t see him lasting  

On 7/5/2022 at 6:52 PM, Ya Bezzer! said:

I think a lot of people reckon that Derek McInnes track record in the Premiership will see Kilmarnock good but re-signing Alan Power, bringing in Donnelly and already having Polworth there suggests other wise.

They also have a brutal opening fixture list, easily the hardest of any of the teams.

For me could be contenders to go straight back down.

I actually think KcInness will keep them up because he has that proven track record. Aberdeen should never have got rid of him, fan power is not always right.

19 hours ago, mfc said:

,st mirren is one team I never want to do well 

6 hours ago, yosemite sam said:

There are another 10 teams I don't want to do well. 

52 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Only 10, who's your 2nd team then? :D its 11 for me.

St Mirren, plus ten others, equals eleven.

I'm off now to prove Goldbach's conjecture...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, middleeastdave said:

On St Mirren front it will be just the thing that they will qualify as an unseeded team and we will get them in our first game in the cup, so let’s hope they don’t qualify!

Yes I thought that through this morning too

22 hours ago, mfc said:

Dont get me wrong, St Mirren are not a team I have ever liked really for one reason

Because every time we play down there we always seem to struggle and has been this way for a long time I would be happy enough for them to be in the championship for this reason alone, happy for Robbo to do well though along with Lasley, Carson etc,  not Gallagher though of course 

When it comes right down to it I dont have any real dislike for any of the teams in the league with the exception of the obvious two teams in Glasgow

The Bigots vs the Other Bigots

Never been fond of Aberdeen, though at the same time if they had a strong team like the 80s and won titles ahead of the old firm I could get behind them , same with either of the Edinburgh clubs despite the fact they can annoy me when Well play them

Dont mind Dundee united, Killie, St Johnstone , Livingston and a few others at all tbh as I see them as being similar to us 

3 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

On St Mirren front it will be just the thing that they will qualify as an unseeded team and we will get them in our first game in the cup, so let’s hope they don’t qualify!

Since the LC format changed in 2016 we have never drawn a side outwith the top flight in the knockout stages. If it happens yet again it will be no surprise.

28 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

When it comes right down to it I dont have any real dislike for any of the teams in the league with the exception of the obvious two teams in Glasgow

The Bigots vs the Other Bigots

Never been fond of Aberdeen, though at the same time if they had a strong team like the 80s and won titles ahead of the old firm I could get behind them , same with either of the Edinburgh clubs despite the fact they can annoy me when Well play them

Dont mind Dundee united, Killie, St Johnstone , Livingston and a few others at all tbh as I see them as being similar to us 

I’ve never liked Aberdeen. A club based in a horrible city and their fans are some of the most obnoxious bampots you could have the misfortune to encounter. Have a real dislike of Dundee Utd as well.

I don’t actually mind Hearts too much. I don’t like them but kind of respect them. I still cringe when I think of the ridiculous ‘FHW’ patter on here back in the day. :banghead:

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

I’ve never liked Aberdeen. A club based in a horrible city and their fans are some of the most obnoxious bampots you could have the misfortune to encounter. Have a real dislike of Dundee Utd as well.

I don’t actually mind Hearts too much. I don’t like them but kind of respect them. I still cringe when I think of the ridiculous ‘FHW’ patter on here back in the day. :banghead:

Hearts are one of the teams we always had a real battle with when I first started going to games ,  a fair amount of needle in our matches back in the day with all sorts of 1:1 feuds all over the park . 

I respect that they’ve rebuilt their club and have a fair amount of perspective of where they should be.

Utd and Aberdeen both hang on to their new firm rhetoric with Aberdeen in particular expect to win the league, even though 40 years have passed since their hay day .

overall love our  club and have varying levels of dislike for all others 

The rivalry we built with Hearts has always been tasty thanks to many eventful encounters over the years in the SPL and First Division - not to mention the ex-players and managers that ended up at Tyncastle.  I don't hate them though, just love beating them.

Outside of the OF, the things that annoy me most are plastic pitches and the omnishambles that is the SPFL/SFA Administration.