Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

1 hour ago, Sieb Dykstra said:

Ben Heneghan released from Sheffield Utd 

Not quite correct. The Sheffield United news piece says he's one of the players who remain under contract at the club who available for transfer or loan.

"In addition, the following players, who remain under contract, will be made available for transfer or loan: George Long, Ben Heneghan, Louis Reed, Nathan Thomas, Samir Carruthers, Caolan Lavery and James Hanson."

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2018/may/retained-list/

21 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Skippy's season is hopefully ending tonight.

Fans still coming into the ground. It looks like Livi only opened turnstyles in the main stand for their fans which is a joke. Looks like less than 1500 Arabs in at the moment.

I’m surprised that both Livi have so many fans and United so few at the game.

17 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m surprised that both Livi have so many fans and United so few at the game.

Aye the Stephen Thompson experience has obviously ground them down.

Anthony Stokes at the game as well. Hopefully he got a good search on the way in.

Who will be added to this thread in the coming days? Frear? Plummer and Petrovicius you would have to assume would be no brainers. Does Hendrie even count? Hopefully Aldred won't be an ex-player any time soon.

Got a feeling there may be a couple of surprises released from the 20s

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I thought Hendrie  actually had quite a good game today. He is one that with a proper pre season could be a decent squad player. However not sure he is worth the investment as he will just block off a space forva development player.

Demi Id get rid off. He has had lots of chances off the bench and Ive not seen anything to suggest he can offer anything.

Plummer will be gone.

Id do everything we can to keep Aldred. He has been fantastic. We have to accrpt that Cedric could be gone next year so he would be a ready made replacement with Hartley back in the fold and Maguire as back up.

The problem with signing Aldred is who is going to sit on the bench every week. With Dunne and Kipré tied up on new contracts, someone will be warming the bench until at least January I'd imagine. As excellent as Aldred has been (and he could be the best signing of the season given the Harltey injury), it might make more sense with our limited budget to keep McGuire as the bench warmer and spend our money elsewhere.

I would have agreed about Kipre until he extended his contract a second time. I think he'll be with us for the start of next season (if not for much longer). 

Of course, Aldred might fancy his chances elsewhere too. It's not a given he'd want to come back to Fir Park. 

6 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I would have agreed about Kipre until he extended his contract a second time. I think he'll be with us for the start of next season (if not for much longer). 

Of course, Aldred might fancy his chances elsewhere too. It's not a given he'd want to come back to Fir Park. 

I think Aldred would want to. His performances would indicate that. Whether we could afford to keep him is a different matter....

23 hours ago, weeyin said:

The problem with signing Aldred is who is going to sit on the bench every week. With Dunne and Kipré tied up on new contracts, someone will be warming the bench until at least January I'd imagine. As excellent as Aldred has been (and he could be the best signing of the season given the Harltey injury), it might make more sense with our limited budget to keep McGuire as the bench warmer and spend our money elsewhere.

I would be very dissapointed if we did not push to keep Aldred, he’s a quality player and surely would not cost a fortune. Kipre will be gone in January I would imagine.