Jump to content

Andy_P

Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, mfc said:

The truth did come out....there both shite at football.

Tbf big Kennedy done a job n thought he was pretty decent for some time n then disappeared 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mfc said:

The truth did come out....there both shite at football.

Big fan of this.

I mind that, couple of losers.

"Oooh the truth will be told" mate not a person on earth cares. Thank u, next. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to see Stirling Albion, Darren Smith was replaced by Dylan Mackin, the big guy nodded it down for the winner and showed a few slick moves and rattled the bar from 18 yards.  The young loanee McLaughlin came on for the last few minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed one of the U20's, or former U20's to be more accurate Jason Krones sign for Albion Rovers. He played against Peterhead today. 

I'm ignorant of the appraisal and renewal dates for the 20's, or reserves if you prefer, but found it interesting to see the blurb refer to his signing noting it came at the expiry of his contract. I'm sure expiry of contract was also referred to when Agyeman left too. 

Is it the done thing for a review at this time of the year across the board? Ordinarily it seem odd to allow contracts to expire midway through the season. Is it just a Motherwell thing? Or entirely coincidental that two have had contracts up? 

In a sense it doesn't seem that daft an idea if you are allowing youths to move on who you believe won't make it, and will have a head start on others being released in the summer; and can then focus on the next age group. 

I'd imagine if you don't have something lined up though getting released in January might be a pretty anxious time for some youngsters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andy_P said:

I'm ignorant of the appraisal and renewal dates for the 20's, or reserves if you prefer, but found it interesting to see the blurb refer to his signing noting it came at the expiry of his contract. I'm sure expiry of contract was also referred to when Agyeman left too. 

Is it the done thing for a review at this time of the year across the board? Ordinarily it seem odd to allow contracts to expire midway through the season. Is it just a Motherwell thing? Or entirely coincidental that two have had contracts up? 

In a sense it doesn't seem that daft an idea if you are allowing youths to move on who you believe won't make it, and will have a head start on others being released in the summer; and can then focus on the next age group.

Jordan Armstrong was also released Andy.  I too found these releases interesting. I think that with youngsters who we think will have a chance of making it, they are awarded 1 year deals.  I hadn't heard of 6 month deals.  Presumably these are 3 lads who we don't think will make the first team and as you say, now have a head start in finding a new side.  Anyway good luck to them.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Jordan Armstrong was also released Andy.  I too founf d these releases interesting. I think that with youngsters who we think will have a chance of making it, they are awarded 1 year deals.  I hadn't heard of 6 month deals.  Presumably these are 3 lads who we don't think will make the first team and as you say, now have a head start in finding a new side.  Anyway good luck to them.  

Probably a 1 year deal with the view to cutting it short so they can find another club but agreed it won’t cost us anything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Jordan Armstrong was also released Andy.  I too found these releases interesting. I think that with youngsters who we think will have a chance of making it, they are awarded 1 year deals.  I hadn't heard of 6 month deals.  Presumably these are 3 lads who we don't think will make the first team and as you say, now have a head start in finding a new side.  Anyway good luck to them.  

 

12 hours ago, supermarv said:

Probably a 1 year deal with the view to cutting it short so they can find another club but agreed it won’t cost us anything 

The 6 monthly deals have been a bi-product of Project Brave and widely on offer at most clubs, some offering only amateur terms. Reasoning for that is simply that the clubs didn’t know how creation of Under 18’s & reserve levels would pan out.

We’re seeing movement out of our reserve team as it’s felt our current Under 18’s are the among the strongest crop that we’ve ever had & decision been taken to push those onto the next level to feature more regularly.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

 

The 6 monthly deals have been a bi-product of Project Brave and widely on offer at most clubs, some offering only amateur terms. Reasoning for that is simply that the clubs didn’t know how creation of Under 18’s & reserve levels would pan out.

We’re seeing movement out of our reserve team as it’s felt our current Under 18’s are the among the strongest crop that we’ve ever had & decision been taken to push those onto the next level to feature more regularly.

Wouldn’t entirely say it’s the strongest crop we’ve ever had seen many better young well teams in my time. There hasn’t been many appearances even for the reserves from the u18s squad with only 2 or 3 often only making the bench and a few rare starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Wouldn’t entirely say it’s the strongest crop we’ve ever had seen many better young well teams in my time. There hasn’t been many appearances even for the reserves from the u18s squad with only 2 or 3 often only making the bench and a few rare starts.

That's the point though surely....remove some of the reserves and enable the u18 to be more involved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 8:39 AM, 1991 said:

As we have no game today I'm going down to Wigan to watch  Kipre in action v Villa should be a good game.

Big man had a great game nearly scored too, had a wee slip in first half which Villa almost scored from but overall was excellent.  Villa were terrible, how Ross McCormack dosnt get a game is beyond me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Is Moult injured just now? He's not been in the Preston squad in weeks.

Fuck knows but I noticed Preston signed  former Aberdeen flop Jayden Stockely for three quarters of a million quid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, supermarv said:

Wouldn’t entirely say it’s the strongest crop we’ve ever had seen many better young well teams in my time. There hasn’t been many appearances even for the reserves from the u18s squad with only 2 or 3 often only making the bench and a few rare starts.

It’s widely recognised at the club, promoting 8 at the one time last year is testament to their thinking.

superward covers your post succinctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moult hasn’t featured since scoring the winner away to Forest early Dec. Think he picked up an injury that day but was expected to be back in a couple of weeks iirc. 

With the arrival of Stockely for £750k, I imagine a few clubs north and south of the border will be enquiring about Moult’s fitness and availability. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, superward said:

That's the point though surely....remove some of the reserves and enable the u18 to be more involved. 

 

34 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

It’s widely recognised at the club, promoting 8 at the one time last year is testament to their thinking.

superward covers your post succinctly.

That is the point completely and the club signed 8 last year to show their movement to get into the top tier of the youth for project brave. With you saying but “best crop we’ve ever had” then surely if they are so good and already involved with the reserves due to training everyday then surely they’d be able to push some of the reserves out to gain a regular place like what happens at every other club. Mostly they aren’t even making the bench though which is my argument and look for example, the lad Semple widely regarded as the next big thing who we fought to keep here instead of going down south who rarely every starts or has a regular run of games, he would always come off the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’re not quite getting this are you?

The “best crop we’ve ever had” as a collective group has been relayed from those in the club best positioned to remark as such.

Project Brave status was achieved prior to those signing.

The kids likely to make a regular step up now spaces in the squad become available have been training with the first team and the management team are keen to force the issue.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

You’re not quite getting this are you?

The “best crop we’ve ever had” as a collective group has been relayed from those in the club best positioned to remark as such.

Project Brave status was achieved prior to those signing.

The kids likely to make a regular step up now spaces in the squad become available have been training with the first team and the management team are keen to force the issue.

So the best crop we’ve ever had wasn’t the ones that won the clubs first ever Youth Cup or been performing at the top end of the reserves for the last couple seasons no? 

Well I don’t think you are quite getting it. I understand where u are coming fromyes maybe a few of them look promising, but what indication from the u18s has suggested that they are the best crop we’ve ever had, hyping up a bunch of 16 year olds who haven’t even started more than 2 reserve games over six months of being a full time footballer is ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:blink: Dearly me... I certainly get it.

I’m only relaying the thoughts of various people at the club who are best placed to make that assessment.

I’d be inclined to laud the Youth Cup winning team too. Is it down to how we manage our prospects from development football to first team ready the sole reason that the majority haven’t progressed?

Hyping up a ‘bunch of 16 year olds’ fits with the club business plan, hence the McKinstry story surfacing - its certainly not for the lack of trying that they’ve not featured as much. Change is afoot to allow those at the latter stage of under 18 (where Semple fits in) some exposure at the next level.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

:blink: Dearly me... I certainly get it.

I’m only relaying the thoughts of various people at the club who are best placed to make that assessment.

I’d be inclined to laud the Youth Cup winning team too. Is it down to how we manage our prospects from development football to first team ready the sole reason that the majority haven’t progressed?

Hyping up a ‘bunch of 16 year olds’ fits with the club business plan, hence the McKinstry story surfacing - its certainly not for the lack of trying that they’ve not featured as much. Change is afoot to allow those at the latter stage of under 18 (where Semple fits in) some exposure at the next level.

 

I agree with pretty much all of what you've said and your last post brought back into my mind a thought that had occurred to me a couple of days ago when reading the McKinstry story. Semple was being touted as a real prospect two seasons ago and yet others seem to have moved ahead of him. Has his progress stalled or is it a case of openings in his position being limited? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1991 said:

Big man had a great game nearly scored too, had a wee slip in first half which Villa almost scored from but overall was excellent.  Villa were terrible, how Ross McCormack dosnt get a game is beyond me

I was watching the game on telly yesterday, and Villa were awful. However, I've seen Villa play a number of times this season and they are generally 10 times better than that. (If you read McCormack's interview in the Evening Times last week it seems there are other reasons for him not getting a game there).

Likewise, Wigan were 10 times better yesterday compared to their other games I have seen this season - they are hovering above the relegation zone for a reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

We’re seeing movement out of our reserve team as it’s felt our current Under 18’s are the among the strongest crop that we’ve ever had & decision been taken to push those onto the next level to feature more regularly.

I don't know the crop of under Under 18s that well and haven't even seen them , but going by reports on the club website and their haul of international age group caps OtF is 100% correct.  Yes we've had the odd exceptional talent emerging sporadically for years now but never a group of such talented youngsters  coming through at the same time.  The likes of MacAlear, Semple, Starrs, Cornelius and MacKinstry  to name but 5 do seem to be that bit special so far. The decks are being cleared to allow them to develop further; at least thats what I take out of the departures. The nearest we've had to them, numbers wise, is the group of 3 (MacFadden, Hammell and Pearson) some years ago.  I completely get what OtF is saying.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, supermarv said:

So the best crop we’ve ever had wasn’t the ones that won the clubs first ever Youth Cup or been performing at the top end of the reserves for the last couple seasons no? 

Well I don’t think you are quite getting it. I understand where u are coming fromyes maybe a few of them look promising, but what indication from the u18s has suggested that they are the best crop we’ve ever had, hyping up a bunch of 16 year olds who haven’t even started more than 2 reserve games over six months of being a full time footballer is ridiculous. 

Guys like McKinstrey & Semple are widely regarded as the best in the country in their positions, there are a few more getting regular game time with Scotland U17/U19 and being highly rated by the countrys coaches. THATS why they are considered by MFC as the best crop weve ever had

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×