Andy_P

Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

28 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Guys like McKinstrey & Semple are widely regarded as the best in the country in their positions, there are a few more getting regular game time with Scotland U17/U19 and being highly rated by the countrys coaches. THATS why they are considered by MFC as the best crop weve ever had

It’s grest for them and would love to see them progress into the first team but don’t get ahead of ourselves before they’ve even played a first team game. Just because they are in youth squads doesn’t mean they automatically become the best youth player ever just look back through the years rarely any who actually get full international caps have actually played for the youth levels.

3 hours ago, supermarv said:

It’s grest for them and would love to see them progress into the first team but don’t get ahead of ourselves before they’ve even played a first team game. Just because they are in youth squads doesn’t mean they automatically become the best youth player ever just look back through the years rarely any who actually get full international caps have actually played for the youth levels.

Nobody is getting ahead of themselves. People within the club think this is a special crop of youngsters. If you feel the need to try to pick holes in that then crack on but I think I’ll take their opinion over yours.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GrahamH said:

Nobody is getting ahead of themselves. People within the club think this is a special crop of youngsters. If you feel the need to try to pick holes in that then crack on but I think I’ll take their opinion over yours.

No problem that’s your opinion then :thumbup:

10 hours ago, GrahamH said:

Agreed.  No-one should or indeed is getting carried away.  Its quite possible, although unlikely, that none of this crop of youngsters will make it.  All the club is saying is that compared to previous generations of youngsters,  at the same stage,  they are a bit special.  

An excellent short article on Well Fans ii about our League winning team of the 30s. This team deserves more recognition.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

An excellent short article on Well Fans ii about our League winning team of the 30s. This team deserves more recognition.

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/columnist/motherwells-greatest-team-deserves-more-recognition/?fbclid=IwAR2KGeR94Ir3oNeCDAJtjAk4nkFWVkKfTlEwavKXePPAxzkRevVtAL3nzdo

Motherwells Greatest Team Deserves More Recognition by Ben Banks is linked above

• Thanks 1

I just had a look at the Glasgow Herald match report for the title win.

There was only 7000 in Fir Park which is surprising but we managed the traditional pitch invasion.