Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38381665

Jutkiewicz bought by Birmingham for £1m

The 27-year-old had failed to score in 35 appearances for Burnley

£1m for a guy that didn’t score once in 35 appearances. This alone describes the money gulf between us and them. If player playing for an SPFL Premier club hadn’t scored in 35 appearances, he would now be plying his trade in the lower leagues.

£1m for a guy that didn’t score once in 35 appearances. This alone describes the money gulf between us and them. If player playing for an SPFL Premier club hadn’t scored in 35 appearances, he would now be plying his trade in the lower leagues.

Burnley were in the Premiership when he first signed for them and he's now in the Championship so he is in the lower leagues.

Also, he's been on loan to Birmingham since the end of August and scored 6 goals so they're spending £1m based on that,not on his record at Burnley.

I think he's well proven in the Championship in England, but I could be wrong.

He's blown a bit hot and cold. Since he signed for Middlesborough (for 1.3 million in Jan 2012), he's played 89 league games total for 4 clubs, and scored 24 goals. Done much better in the lower division than he did in the EPL.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe anything that's written in the scum. Unfortunately, whether we wanted Humphrey or not, I doubt we will be able to afford him. Dempster will be getting rather desperate to win that league as given the money spent so far, further failure would surely mean getting her jotters.

Besides, I don't recall Chris Humphrey being universally loved first time around.

I think Humphrey was loved, but he has half the ability fo Ainsworth, twice the heart and determination though.

Ainsworth definitely had more ability, but your point arguably says more about the worst of Ainsworth than the best of Humphrey (if that makes any sense?).

I wonder if he still has his pace?

('Cos he had fuck all else!)

• Like 1

I know what you mean, but that's mad harsh on the Humph.

Probably a bit, and to be fair to Humphrey, his pace scared the shit out of teams, I often thought his worst games, where he was completely anonymous were generally Jamie Murphys best games, as teams were doubling up on Humphrey and giviving Murphy acres of space. So he probably did "take one for the team" more than we appreciated at the time.