Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

On a related topic, I see Lee Erwin is top league goal scorer at Oldham.....with 2 goals in 21 matches.

History will vindicate me.

£450,000 for a guy who, really, only had about 1/3 of a good season once him and McDonald clicked? Great business.

There's no question he's got potential to be a good player, but I reckon he's too much of a balloon to realise it.

• Like 1

Erwin has plenty of ability and has the physical attributes to play at a decent level. The issue was always going to be keeping his head out the clouds when he got his move to Leeds.

I think the issue was trying to keep his head out of the clouds before he moved to Leeds.

Erwin had/has a lot of promise. But he needed to play regular first team football after his first season with us. He finished the playoff season with us fairly strongly and the last thing he should have done is went somewhere he wasn't going to play week in week out.

He won't regret the bank balance right now but may regret it long term.

• Like 1

Erwin had/has a lot of promise. But he needed to play regular first team football after his first season with us. He finished the playoff season with us fairly strongly and the last thing he should have done is went somewhere he wasn't going to play week in week out.

He won't regret the bank balance right now but may regret it long term.

In a footballing sense, the best thing he could have done after that season was sign a 2 year deal with us. He was a stick on to be the guy leading the line every week for us. Play a good season and move on at the end of that.

But, obviously, money talks.

• Like 1