Jump to content

Andy_P

Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Recommended Posts

Scott McDonald scores his first goal for Western United in a league derby against Melbourne Victory and was MoM in their come from 2 goals behind to win 2-3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Electric Blues said:

Frear scores for FGR.

Local derby too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't realise Alex Neil had Preston top of the Championship. Moult's been injured since August but would be interesting to see him in the Premiership if they make it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yassin said:

Didn't realise Alex Neil had Preston top of the Championship. Moult's been injured since August but would be interesting to see him in the Premiership if they make it.

There is talk of Alex Neil getting the Stoke City job, cannot see that happening if PNE are top of the Championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Yassin said:

Didn't realise Alex Neil had Preston top of the Championship. Moult's been injured since August but would be interesting to see him in the Premiership if they make it.

Louis Moult would be punted if they got promoted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Louis Moult would be punted if they got promoted.

Sell on fee kicks in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Louis Moult would be punted if they got promoted.

Aye probably. There is a lot of dross at the bottom end of that league though, I could see him sticking around as 5th choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BBC comments thread about Stephen Robinson makes mention of a fee of £350k from Rangers for Hastie. First I have heard of that although by now it should be all done and dusted or headed to a Tribunal. Any body know if that fee is correct? Might be a factor in us clearing former owners' debt which seemed a wee bit out of the blue.

Comment on BBC site is not from a name I have seen on Steelmen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dennyc said:

BBC comments thread about Stephen Robinson makes mention of a fee of £350k from Rangers for Hastie. First I have heard of that although by now it should be all done and dusted or headed to a Tribunal. Any body know if that fee is correct? Might be a factor in us clearing former owners' debt which seemed a wee bit out of the blue.

Comment on BBC site is not from a name I have seen on Steelmen.

Depends if we are trying to negotiate one of our add-on specials, or just going for a plain development fee I'd guess.

However, I was looking at the money transfers we'd had since our last accounts were published and there are quite a few e.g.

Kipré - obviously the big one with talk of around £1 million

Rose - undisclosed

Bowman - undisclosed

Ross MacLean - undisclosed

Bigi - undisclosed

Danny Johnson - undisclosed

Reece McAlear - undisclosed

Then there are the McKinstry, Cadden and Hastie fees.

Even if none of them were huge money, it all starts to add up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought that Motherwell confirmed Rose, Bowman, Mclean, Johnson and possibly Bigi were allowed to go for free.....the financial saving being their wages. McAlear and and McKinstry Development Fees mutually agreed with English clubs but Cadden's fee in dispute and looking like zero. Hastie was the only one where no information whatsoever was volunteered, perhaps as part of an nondisclosure agreement with Rangers?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dennyc said:

I thought that Motherwell confirmed Rose, Bowman, Mclean, Johnson and possibly Bigi were allowed to go for free.....the financial saving being their wages. McAlear and and McKinstry Development Fees mutually agreed with English clubs but Cadden's fee in dispute and looking like zero. Hastie was the only one where no information whatsoever was volunteered, perhaps as part of an nondisclosure agreement with Rangers?

I don't think so. Just that we didn't stand in their way of a move.

I don't think Cadden's fee can be zero after the MSL signed up to the FIFA programme this season to protect their own interests. It just might not be as much as if it was a straight deal with an English club.

Anyway, we'll see some more details in the next set of accounts. It would be strange if we didnt use the existing arrangement to pay off interest free loans, so the cash should have come from transfers only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2019 at 6:01 PM, Wellfan1984 said:

Mbulu signs for Crewe.  So as far as I can tell only Taylor-Sinclair without a club from last season?  

No longer!

In as a replacement for Ibrahim Savane at Livi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

The enigma that is Nathan Thomas on the tv tonight. Give some 'Well fans a chance to see him play I suppose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KIPRE.....KIPRE........RED CARD.....RED CARD

He’s not having a very great time at Wigan.January transfer back to us if a miracle happens hopefully


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ross said:


He’s not having a very great time at Wigan.January transfer back to us if a miracle happens hopefully


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kipre and Gallagher......what a double act that would be

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×