Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

BBC comments thread about Stephen Robinson makes mention of a fee of £350k from Rangers for Hastie. First I have heard of that although by now it should be all done and dusted or headed to a Tribunal. Any body know if that fee is correct? Might be a factor in us clearing former owners' debt which seemed a wee bit out of the blue.

Comment on BBC site is not from a name I have seen on Steelmen.

27 minutes ago, dennyc said:

BBC comments thread about Stephen Robinson makes mention of a fee of £350k from Rangers for Hastie. First I have heard of that although by now it should be all done and dusted or headed to a Tribunal. Any body know if that fee is correct? Might be a factor in us clearing former owners' debt which seemed a wee bit out of the blue.

Comment on BBC site is not from a name I have seen on Steelmen.

Depends if we are trying to negotiate one of our add-on specials, or just going for a plain development fee I'd guess.

However, I was looking at the money transfers we'd had since our last accounts were published and there are quite a few e.g.

Kipré - obviously the big one with talk of around £1 million

Rose - undisclosed

Bowman - undisclosed

Ross MacLean - undisclosed

Bigi - undisclosed

Danny Johnson - undisclosed

Reece McAlear - undisclosed

Then there are the McKinstry, Cadden and Hastie fees.

Even if none of them were huge money, it all starts to add up.

I thought that Motherwell confirmed Rose, Bowman, Mclean, Johnson and possibly Bigi were allowed to go for free.....the financial saving being their wages. McAlear and and McKinstry Development Fees mutually agreed with English clubs but Cadden's fee in dispute and looking like zero. Hastie was the only one where no information whatsoever was volunteered, perhaps as part of an nondisclosure agreement with Rangers?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dennyc said:

I thought that Motherwell confirmed Rose, Bowman, Mclean, Johnson and possibly Bigi were allowed to go for free.....the financial saving being their wages. McAlear and and McKinstry Development Fees mutually agreed with English clubs but Cadden's fee in dispute and looking like zero. Hastie was the only one where no information whatsoever was volunteered, perhaps as part of an nondisclosure agreement with Rangers?

I don't think so. Just that we didn't stand in their way of a move.

I don't think Cadden's fee can be zero after the MSL signed up to the FIFA programme this season to protect their own interests. It just might not be as much as if it was a straight deal with an English club.

Anyway, we'll see some more details in the next set of accounts. It would be strange if we didnt use the existing arrangement to pay off interest free loans, so the cash should have come from transfers only.

On 10/30/2019 at 6:01 PM, Wellfan1984 said:

Mbulu signs for Crewe.  So as far as I can tell only Taylor-Sinclair without a club from last season?  

No longer!

In as a replacement for Ibrahim Savane at Livi.