Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

I don't have any first hand knowledge of the situation, but the reporting at the time was along the lines of "the club has known about his intention to leave for some time" and "happy with the depth if youngsters at the club".

Not the usual "he's a great kid and we wish him well" spiel. Read into that what you will.

I think Celtic were interested at some point too when he was being touted as the next big thing - which obviously hasn't worked out that way yet.

Still young enough to change that, though. 

Craig Tanner made his debut for Aldershot yesterday as they were beaten 5-1. He wasn't too far off hitting the two year mark since his last first team game.

Ryan Bowman hit the winner for Exeter today. Noticed Craig Clay has notched up over a century of appearances for Leyton Orient.

On 12/15/2019 at 5:27 AM, Kat said:

Craig Tanner made his debut for Aldershot yesterday as they were beaten 5-1. He wasn't too far off hitting the two year mark since his last first team game.

Ryan Bowman hit the winner for Exeter today. Noticed Craig Clay has notched up over a century of appearances for Leyton Orient.

On Bowman;

A fit Murphy would be a great signing and would fit in to our system really well, but unless he’s fit and ready to go after the break it would be as pointless a signing as McCormack last year. We’d as well just bring Higdon and Coyne  back if the warm and fuzzies are all we’re after.

20 hours ago, fizoxy said:

A fit Murphy would be a great signing and would fit in to our system really well, but unless he’s fit and ready to go after the break it would be as pointless a signing as McCormack last year. We’d as well just bring Higdon and Coyne  back if the warm and fuzzies are all we’re after.

I don't think Murphy would pay people to lick his arsehole, so he'd immediately be more use than McCormack.

2 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

I don't think Murphy would pay people to lick his arsehole, so he'd immediately be more use than McCormack.

But if Murphy did pay people to lick his arsehole and then he signed for us it would be amateur hour stuff by Motherwell. I can’t believe they would do that. The silence from the club on this is deafening. 

• Haha 1

I would have Jamie back no problem.  Gives us more options up front where I feel all our forward players are very inconsistent.    Always had total respect for him especially after his 2 goals for Rangers against us....not the fact he scored (I was raging), but fact he never celebrated.   respect man.

Also I see Eddie Wolecki Black back at the Well as head of Womens team.    Good luck to him, was good first time round and with a middle name that scores loads in Scrabble!! Heh he

I have no problem with Murphy as a player or person. I would have concerns that someone his age, out for such a long time, and with zero game time, zero match fitness and questionable actual fitness could offer us much in the second half of the season.

If we were taking him at the start of a pre-season it would be a different story.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

I have no problem with Murphy as a player or person. I would have concerns that someone his age, out for such a long time, and with zero game time, zero match fitness and questionable actual fitness could offer us much in the second half of the season.

If we were taking him at the start of a pre-season it would be a different story.

A fair summing up.  How long would he take to get match fit?