Andy_P

Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

49 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Funnily enough I saw this report yesterday.  He's still quite a long way off playing.

Sounds like he will need a friendly loan to rebuild his confidence when the time is right.

I always liked ramsden, and more so after this. Some great stories and insights. Motherwell stuff starts around 1:25

• Like 3

That was fascinating, his comments about Ian Barraclough were pretty damning.

Fuckin handsome bastard too.

The bit about Louis Laing forgetting his boots was interesting (I can't think of who else it could have been). Guessing connor grant was the other one he mentioned. 

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Howler from Gillespie in Newcastle game

I see they won 5-4 on penalties so maybe he redeemed himself there since Newport didn’t score on 2 of them. 

13 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

I see they won 5-4 on penalties so maybe he redeemed himself there since Newport didn’t score on 2 of them. 

One was straight at him, the other had Air Traffic Control momentarily concerned.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, fizoxy said:

I always liked ramsden, and more so after this. Some great stories and insights. Motherwell stuff starts around 1:25

Fascinating wee insights into the fine balance of an individual and team and the role of chance that can lead to success or failure 

20 minutes ago, Brazilian said:

Jermaine Hylton announced as Ross County player

if we concede a penalty against them and he takes it at least we are safe

• Haha 1

Well that’s one off the payroll, hard to see what they have seen in him this season given it’s still premiership level.

3 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

Well that’s one off the payroll, hard to see what they have seen in him this season given it’s still premiership level.

Given that I could beat our defence out wide right now, it won't be a terrible signing.

On 8/20/2020 at 6:55 PM, Stu92 said:

Danish international Casper Sloth signs for non-league Notts County. 

Aaaaaand he's gone.

18 minutes ago, Stu92 said:

Aaaaaand he's gone.

Was it Sloth who had signed for someone and left them immediately to join us, if so he has had one sub appearance for his last 3 clubs (or was it Illic?)

2 hours ago, ropy said:

Was it Sloth who had signed for someone and left them immediately to join us, if so he has had one sub appearance for his last 3 clubs (or was it Illic?)

Think that's Ilic you're thinking of.

My Danish friends, who are football fans but support Aalborg AB  looked blank when I mentioned Sloth, last year. Got the same response when discussing him whilst working in Denmark, with other football fans, in February. So, doesn't look to have made a big impression in his homeland.

My Danish friends, who are football fans but support Aalborg AB  looked blank when I mentioned Sloth, last year. Got the same response when discussing him whilst working in Denmark, with other football fans, in February. So, doesn't look to have made a big impression in his homeland.
Was he not capped?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Haggischomper said:

Was he not capped?

Eight times, including a game against England at Wembley. Then again, I couldn't name 90% of the folk who've been capped for Scotland in the last 10 years either.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Haggischomper said:

Was he not capped?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So the publicity said but even when I mentioned that to them, they still didn't know of him.

Strange situation with Scotland Under-19s, friendly against England abandoned during the first half, with England 3-1 up, as Coach Billy Stark had tested positive for Covid.

All players must now self-isolate for 14 days. No Well players in there but Stuart McKinstry was part of the squad.