Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

2 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

Would like to see the governing bodies step in and block any payment until we get paid our due's. 

Equally a shame not to see him back at FP.  Appreciate not many would but I think he'd make a difference.   

I would have liked Cadds back at FP,  I know a lot wont agree but hey ho it's all about opinions 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ross said:

Anyone who thinks we should of kept Frear have a wee look at trending on Twitter and go onto Frear. The hearts fans are saying he’s not even good enough for the championship

Was never a fan of Frear, a one trick pony and even at that his only trick wasn't that good.....mind you still better than Hylton and seedorf.   Just my opinion of course  COYW

It was difficult to judge Frear as Robinson kept trying to make him into a wing back. That was one of my few pet peeves with his tactical approach. He kept saying how he loved a fast winger, but when we had them we rarely got the best from them because he wanted them to spend more time defending.

He did well enough at Forest Green Rovers, but maybe that was his level.

57 minutes ago, Ross said:

Anyone who thinks we should of kept Frear have a wee look at trending on Twitter and go onto Frear. The hearts fans are saying he’s not even good enough for the championship

That will be the same Hearts fans who thought they were too good for the Championship.

14 minutes ago, pretzel said:

Jermaine Hylton scores on the 90th min against Aberdeen, 4-1 County

He also set up the opener. Another red neck for those in charge of our transfer policy. 

Oli Shaw is someone we should have went for when he left Hibs but we clearly only sign Scottish players who have proved themselves in the lower leagues. 

5 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He also set up the opener. Another red neck for those in charge of our transfer policy. 

Oli Shaw is someone we should have went for when he left Hibs but we clearly only sign Scottish players who have proved themselves in the lower leagues. 

Hylton was rotten  for us so I cant agree,  ok so he set up one today and scored but hardly been a regular starter for county

35 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Hylton was definitely a player who had to be moved on.  He showed some promise when he first arrived but he wasn't doing anything for us latterly.

I've pointed out that most of our players go downhill badly after showing some initial promise and Hylton falls into the category.  That whole trend needs to be looked into but when he left for County he was already deep in a rut.

Oli Shaw is a decent player and it's noticeable that Ross County are doing a lot better now that he's getting game time under Hughes but he's only one of probably hundreds of better options we could have gone for.

22 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Hylton was definitely a player who had to be moved on.  He showed some promise when he first arrived but he wasn't doing anything for us latterly.

I've pointed out that most of our players go downhill badly after showing some initial promise and Hylton falls into the category.  That whole trend needs to be looked into but when he left for County he was already deep in a rut.

Oli Shaw is a decent player and it's noticeable that Ross County are doing a lot better now that he's getting game time under Hughes but he's only one of probably hundreds of better options we could have gone for.

Ross county paid £150,000 for shaw so no way would we have paid that