Andy_P

Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

21 minutes ago, Mintymac said:

Bit random but what’s  the score re Cedric Kipre . Are we owed a fee if he moves on . He moved out on loan then but my thinking is he moved back to WBA and reclaimed his place.It’s been a while and I’m sure somebody has addressed it in previous chats . Just can’t remember 

He's definitely back at WBA - I'm watching him play now.

I don't know that all the transfer clauses were made public, but if it's anything like Marvin Johnson (and no reason to think otherwise) then I think we are due a cut of future transfer fees.

We sold him to Wigan and he's now at WBA, pretty sure we already got a wee % from that move, but it wasn't as much as we had hoped coz Wigan had financial difficulties? I think.

Just now, GazzyB said:

We sold him to Wigan and he's now at WBA, pretty sure we already got a wee % from that move, but it wasn't as much as we had hoped coz Wigan had financial difficulties? I think.

Aye Wigan sold him for pretty much what they paid. 

Good to see the big man doing well. He should get a chance in the EPL next season if WBA keep up their form.

10 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Aye Wigan sold him for pretty much what they paid. 

Good to see the big man doing well. He should get a chance in the EPL next season if WBA keep up their form.

They've had a slight dip in form recently. 2 wins and 3 draws in their last 5 and losing to Derby right now thanks to a disastrous mix-up between Kipré and his keeper to concede - although 99% keeper's fault.

Having said that, the last few games I've seen them play, Cedric has been doing well. Seems to have a lot more freedom to get up the park, which he's been enjoying.

1 minute ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

Kipre had a bit of a disaster for the derby goal although the keeper did him no favours  

Aye, Kipré had his back to the play. Keeper can see what's going on and needed to give him a shout to claim it or clear it.

2 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Aye, Kipré had his back to the play. Keeper can see what's going on and needed to give him a shout to claim it or clear it.

Yeah the keeper bizarrely moves towards kipre instead of retreating in to box. That being said kipre could still have toed it in to stands

17 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

That being said kipre could still have toed it in to stands

True. "When it doubt, kick it out" is still a good tactic for a defender.

2 hours ago, Mintymac said:

Bit random but what’s  the score re Cedric Kipre . Are we owed a fee if he moves on . He moved out on loan then but my thinking is he moved back to WBA and reclaimed his place.It’s been a while and I’m sure somebody has addressed it in previous chats . Just can’t remember 

He signed for Wigan then went to WBA for a similar fee, we wouldn’t have got much of that.  WBA will owe us nothing.

2 hours ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Chris Porter still banging them in 

I noticed that. And helped keep Robinson's Morcambe in the relegation zone.

P&B hivs fan saying were trying to resign jamie murphy ,     hope am wrong again ( as with TW ) but meh,,,,,

On 1/2/2022 at 8:53 PM, smiddy said:

P&B hivs fan saying were trying to resign jamie murphy ,     hope am wrong again ( as with TW ) but meh,,,,,

Can play on the left of a front three so it makes sense that people make that connection.

If he can stay fit I think there might be an Indian summer left in him. Would assume its just a daft rumour since he came through here and can play where Watt has played.

Surprised they aren't saying the same about James Scott. EDIT just looked in to it and realised he already played for Hull this seasons so can't go on loan anywhere else.

Edited by C&A not the shop
Add details about James Scott

I'd be quite happy to see Scott back at Fir Park. I think he'd enjoy the formation we play. 

• Like 1

Nadir Ciftci joins St Johnstone until end of the season. 

19 minutes ago, Kat said:

Nadir Ciftci joins St Johnstone until end of the season. 

They are getting desperate now , Ciftci's career goals total is 55, in 11 years  ffs so he is very unlikely to solve their scoring problems .

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

They are getting desperate now , Ciftci's career goals total is 55, in 11 years  ffs so he is very unlikely to solve their scoring problems .

Spot on Allan. This smacks of desperation and just like something Dundee would normally do. Not the kind of player normally associated with St Johnstone, where in past years, effectiveness has always taken clear precedence over entertainment. Yes, he was never an out and out goalscorer and is probably just past his prime now. 

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Spot on Allan. This smacks of desperation and just like something Dundee would normally do. Not the kind of player normally associated with St Johnstone, where in past years, effectiveness has always taken clear precedence over entertainment. Yes, he was never an out and out goalscorer and is probably just past his prime now. 

Again agreed - bottom of the league and they sign a guy who won't exactly chase every ball down. Brutal.

45 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

Think it's a toss up between St Johnstone and Dundee

You probably won't get long odds on both of them going down 1 automatic and the other via the play-offs.